The United States is facing numerous crisis, among them:
• Iraq’s deteriorating situation and ISIS.
• Continued carnage in Syria
• The Israel-Hamas conflict
• The Ukraine-Putin debacle
• The continuing budget deficit
• An immigration and border crisis
• Uncertainty in Afghanistan and the rise of the Taliban
I know Secretary of State John Kerry is busy in the Mideast and with Russia. President Obama is preoccupied with all of the above in addition to his duties of fundraiser. But what is Vice President Biden doing on these matters? Can’t the president assign him a concrete task?
John F. Smithies, Coral Gables