Broward Commission: District 4
- Ken Keechl (D) Keechl made history in 2009 when he was appointed Broward County's first openly gay mayor.
- Beverly B. Kennedy (D) Kennedy is a a retired financial advisor who has run unsuccessfully for office seven times.
- Chip LaMarca (R) LaMarca is the former chair of Broward's GOP.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
Broward Commission: District 6
- Steven A. (Steve) Geller (D) Geller is a former state senator.
- Suzanne 'Sue' Gunzburger (D) Gunzburger is a five-term incumbent on the Broward County commission.
Broward Commission: District 8
- Angelo Castillo (D)Castillo is a Pembroke Pines commissioner.
- Shevrin D. Jones (D) Jones is running for the District 8 County Commission seat.
- Barbara Sharief (D) Sharief is a Miramar commissioner and owner of a pediatric home-care agency.
- Jose Helio Lopez (R) Helio Lopez is the son of well-known local Hispanic leader Jose "Pepe'' Lopez.
- Christopher Max Ziadie (R) Ziadie is a consultant for start-up businesses and former manager of such retailers as Home Depot Expo.
Broward Commission: District 9
- M. Margaret Bates (D) Bates is running for the District 9 County Commission seat.
- Dale V.C. Holness (D) Holness is Vice Mayor in the City of Lauderhill.
- Al C. Jones (D) Jones was appointed Dania Beach City to the Broward County Board of County Commissioners by Gov. Charlie Crist.
- Carlton Moore (D) Moore served on the City of Fort Lauderdale Commission as a Commissioner for 20 years and running for the District 9 County Commission seat.
- Aude Sicard (D) Sicard is running for the first time, hoping to win the District 9 seat.