Miami-Dade Commission: District 2
- Joe Celestin Celestin, is a Haitian-American politician who served as the mayor of North Miami, Florida from 2001 to 2005. A Republican, he was elected the first Haitian-American mayor of a sizeable city in the United States.
- Anthony Dawkins Dawkins is a pastor, heads a nonprofit to help poor families.
- Jean Monestime Monestime, is a Haitian-American and former North Miami councilman. He's a real estate broker who runs an insurance firm with his brother.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- Florence 'Flomo' Moss Moss is a native South Floridian who served nearly 14-years in the United States Army
- Dorrin D. Rolle Rolle was first appointed to the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners by the former Florida Governor Lawton Chiles to represent the residents of District 2 in January 1998.
- Mack Samuel Samuel, a retired AT&T/Lucent Technologies manager and community activist is making his first bid for elected office.
Miami-Dade Commission: District 8
- Lynda G. Bell Bell is a property manager and former Homestead mayor
- Eugene Flinn Flinn is a lawyer and Palmetto Bay mayor.
- A. E. 'Albert' Harum-Alvarez Harum-Alvarez is a software development consultant.
- Daniel 'Danny' Marmorstein Marmorstein is listed as a rabbi.
- Obdulio Piedra Piedra was born in Havana and is a resident of Pinecrest. He says he is active in the Chamber of Commerce and was on the Charter Review Committee and the Budget Review Committee, appointed by Former Commissioner Dusseau.
- Annette Taddeo Taddeo is a business entrepreneur who ran for Congress in 2008.
Miami-Dade Commission: District 10
- Miriam 'Mimi' Planas Planas is the executive assistant for the president of Dolphin Products.
- Javier D. Souto Souto has been a county commissioner since 1993.
Miami-Dade Commission: District 12
- Jose 'Pepe' Diaz Commissioner Diaz was inducted as the Vice-Chairman of the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners on December 18, 2008.
- Heather Pernas Pernas, a homemaker and mother of three is running a grass-roots effort.