A boat caught fire in Key Largo after its owner mistakenly pumped gas into the bilge instead of the gas tank according to Miami Herald news partner CBS4 Miami.
The 25-foot Seapro was being fueled at the Tom Thumb store Saturday morning when the fire occurred.
Key Largo Fire and Monroe County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene.
Surrounding homes and businesses were temporarily evacuated.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The fire was contained without injury.
The Tom Thumb store remains closed and the Fire Marshall will be investigating the blaze.