If you’re a sex offender, sorry, no Halloween for you.
That’s the message from the Florida Department of Corrections, which says it is “ensuring sex offenders under felony supervision do not take part in any Halloween activities involving minors.”
Here are the rules:
▪ No giving out candy “or other treats.”
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Porch lights must be off and blinds shut.
▪ No outside decorations.
▪ No answering the door for trick-or-treaters
▪ No dressing up in costumes or masks.
▪ No attending parties with children.
The Department of Corrections also says it is partnering with local police departments to increase surveillance at motels and treatment centers where sex offenders are present.