Here’s what Miami is talking about Tuesday:
1. New York, New York: The UM Canes basketball team plays in the NIT semifinals Tuesday night in a nationally televised game on ESPN. Coach Jim Larrañaga says there’s nothing like playing at Madison Square Garden.
2. Court martial: A Coast Guardsman accused of sexual assault faces a court martial on Tuesday in Key West following a three-month investigation into alleged misconduct on the cutter Thetis.
3. With butter: Commercial lobster season comes to a halt after Tuesday, and while the harvest numbers dipped a bit this year, Keys fishermen are happy with their catch.
4. Through the roof: Hotel rates in South Florida have never been higher as more people pour into the area amid lower gas prices, an improving U.S. economy and lower unemployment.
5. Bieber fever: A mediation session is set in Miami in an attempt to resolve a lawsuit against pop star Justin Bieber filed by a photographer who says he was roughed up by the singer's security. Bieber was expected to attend the Tuesday mediation behind closed doors at a downtown law firm. Meanwhile, Bieber made surprise Miami appearances over the weekend at Ultra and at Ariana Grande’s concert.