Here’s what Miami is talking about Monday:
1. Another hammer is about to drop on baseball’s steroid scandal. A former University of Miami pitching coach plans to plead guilty Monday for his role in buying muscle-building steroids from the co-owner of a shuttered Coral Gables clinic that was at the center of a Major League Baseball scandal.
2. A Clinton will be in town Monday. Not Bill. Not Hillary. It’s Chelsea Clinton’s turn to speak in South Florida when she addresses more than 1,000 women at the United Way's 14th Annual Women's Leadership Breakfast at the BankUnited Center on the campus of the University of Miami. She was scheduled to do it back in January, but a blizzard kept her from flying out of New York.
3. Basketball’s king is returning to Miami again. LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers will visit the Miami Heat at American Airlines Arena. Tipoff is 8 p.m. Monday and the game will air on ESPN.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
4. Are you prepping for St. Patrick’s Day? You have a day to get ready, so here’s some quick help: a recipe for traditional Irish bread and butter pudding; wine pairings for corned beef and cabbage, coddle, bangers and mash, and pasties; and a list of the best St. Paddy events in South Florida.
5. It’s the start of Florida Sunshine Week, focusing on the importance of open government in Florida.