A fire at Brickell City Centre filled the mall with smoke Thursday afternoon, causing parts of the mall to be evacuated.
A spokesperson for Swire Properties, owner of Brickell City Centre, e-mailed The Miami Herald that the smoke came from “a small grease fire” in the kitchen of Casa Tua, a restaurant inside Saks Fifth Avenue.
“It was quickly contained and put out within 10 minutes by the fire department,” the e-mail read. “Following advice from the fire department and building security, guests and staff have since returned to Brickell City Centre, which is fully operational.”
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more is learned.