An 8-year-old boy playing with firecrackers his family bought for Memorial Day weekend blew off his index finger when one of the firecrackers went off in his hand, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said.
According to WPLG Local 10 News, Quintavius Rhodes of Atlanta was visiting his family at the Cutler Manor apartment complex on Southwest 216th Street and 108th Avenue Friday morning.
When the boy found the firecrackers he lit one that wound up taking off his finger and leaving a hole in the middle of his palm, his cousin told WPLG.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue airlifted Quintavius to Kendall Regional Medical Center.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.