1. Trader Joe’s, the long-awaited cult sensation, opens its first South Florida location today in Pinecrest.
2. The weather today will be partly cloudy with a high in the mid-80s and lows in the low-70s.
3. Everglades National Park reopened to visitors following a 2 1/2-week closure stemming from the federal government shutdown.
4. Kim Kardashian is back to her pre-baby ways taking a picture of her rear end in a white high cut swimsuit and posting to Instagram.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
5. Braddock running back Davonte Pollard, who is legally blind, inspired his team when he scored for the first time in his career.