1. Health insurance rates in South Florida through the new federally run online marketplaces will be among the lowest in the state.
2. Popular Swedish retailer H&M opens at noon Thursday at the Pembroke Lakes Mall in Pembroke Pines, joining other South Florida locations in the Aventura Mall and on Lincoln Road in South Beach.
3. A final budget hearing on staffing and compensation for Miami police will begin after 5 p.m. Thursday.
4. Three new taco shops want to stuff you in South Beach. Taco Belly is a lunch-only, weekday-only taqueria inside the Pubbelly Group’s PB Steak in the Sunset Harbour neighborhood. Two other taquerias – Huahua’s on Lincoln Road and TeQuiztlan on Bay Road— are nearby.
5. A dry start will turn into a wet end on Thursday, with the rain chance at 50 percent and the forecast of afternoon and evening storms. And it’ll be hot, with highs over 90 and a heat index of 99. Better news ahead: Rain chance Friday and Saturday is 20 percent