Miami-Dade Police are searching for suspects in a drive-by shooting that left one person dead and two wounded, including a teen.
A white truck, that witnesses said left the scene early Monday, later was found. Police said it had been reported stolen.
The shooting occurred at 2020 NW 63rd St., at the Lincoln Field Apartments shortly after 5:30 a.m.
Police received a call at around 5:48 a.m. Monday, according to detective Robin Pinkard. No suspects have been identified and the investigation is ongoing, police said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
The three males were transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
One of the two adults, Sean Pitts, 21, was pronounced dead, according to television station WFOR-CBS4. The station reported that Pitts was shot four times.
The other two victims were listed in stable condition, Pinkard said. Their identities had not been released. One is 29 and the other is 16.
According to police, someone called about a disturbance in the same area about an hour before the shooting.
Later Monday, police roped off a parking lot at the apartment complex, made up of several two-story buildings with a courtyard on one end.
Police found bullet casings littered across the parking lot.
Residents were allowed to leave their apartments and were seen walking around as they would on a normal day. Two boys were seen playing catch with a football roughly 20 yards from the roped off area.
In the afternoon, police brought in a K-9 unit to the apartment complex.
Meanwhile, family members of the victims quickly gathered at JMH in the morning, leaving around noon. A woman who identified herself as the mother of the deceased said her son was an innocent bystander.
The reason for the shooting is still unclear. A witness told police he had been at the scene earlier to break up a fight.
Police ask that if anyone has information about the shooting to call Miami-Dade CrimeStoppers at 305-471-TIPS.