It’s been one year since the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, and South Floridians can attend several local memorials to remember the 49 victims slain in an LGBTQ nightclub.
Sunday, June 11
- There will be an equality rally for unity and pride in Fort Lauderdale with a Pulse remembrance ceremony from 4 to 6 p.m. at Huizenga Park, 32 E Las Olas Blvd. For more information, see the Facebook event.
- The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., is hosting a free Communi-Tea Dance in Honor of Pulse nightclub from 4 to 8 p.m. For more information, see the Facebook event.
Monday, June 12 (One Year Mark)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- Miami Police and Pridelines are co-hosting a free Day of Remembrance from 6 to 9 p.m. at AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd. To RSVP, visit www.heat.com/pulse.
- The Pride Center in Wilton Manors, 2040 N Dixie Hwy., will host a Pulse remembrance flag hanging ceremony from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Pride Center lobby. For more information, see the Facebook event.
Thursday, June 15
- Safe School South Florida and Interfaith Miami will hold a remembrance concert at 8 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral of Miami, at 464 NE 16th St.