A Pompano Beach man is now three fingers shy of 10 after a fireworks accident Sunday night.
According to Pompano Beach Fire Rescue, the 28-year-old had burns on his face, torso, hair and hands. His hands suffered more than just burns -- three right hand fingers blown off and two left hand fingers “severely injured.” PBFR said the man told them a firecracker he was lighting blew up in his hands. He lives in the neighborhood of 5163 NE 18th Terrace.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.