Broward County

Family of three suffers possible carbon monoxide poisoning

A Lauderhill family of three was taken to the hospital after possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Lauderhill Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Jeff Levy.

Levy confirmed that two children and one adult were hospitalized after burning charcoal in their apartment.

A homemade heater/wood burning stove caused similar problems in Lauderdale Lakes in October.

Fire rescue officials regularly remind the public not to burn charcoal indoors for any purpose.

David J. Neal: 305-376-3559, @DavidJNeal

  Comments