Natalia Zuluaga has been named artistic director of ArtCenter/South Florida. She was associate curator at The Related Group, and before that, exhibitions manager at the Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation. Zuluaga has a bachelor’s in journalism and political science from the University of Central Florida, an MFA in visual arts from Florida International University, and a master’s in curatorial studies from Bard.
▪ Teresa Manrara has been named vice president, private client group officer, and will work out of the bank’s Coral Gables location. Previously, she was a vice president, private banker at Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust. Manrara received a bachelor’s business marketing from Spring Hill College in Alabama.
▪ Michelle Vehemente has been promoted to assistant vice president, private client group officer, from private client risk officer. She will work at the Fort Lauderdale office on Las Olas. Vehemente has a master’s in finance from Georgetown.
Reinaldo Gomez has joined Ware Malcomb as regional manager of the Miami office. Previously he was with HAKS in Miami Lakes. Gomez has a bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Miami.
Michael L. Harrington has joined Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami as president and chief operating officer. He’ll oversee day-to-day operations of the 289-bed pediatric specialty hospital, the flagship of Miami Children’s Health System. Most recently he was president of Christus Health Louisiana. Harrington has a master’s in counseling psychology from Rollins and an MBA from Webster College in Sarasota.
Mario Casal Jr. has been named director of sales and marketing at The National Hotel Miami Beach. Most recently, he was vice president of sales at Menin Hospitality where he was responsible for the financial success of five properties, including two he opened in Miami. Casal has a bachelor’s in business administration from FIU.
Jennifer J. Wioncek has been named a partner at Bilzin Sumberg in the tax and estate planning group. She previously was a partner at Baker & McKenzie. Wioncek, an adjunct professor at the UM law school, has a J.D. from St. Thomas University and an LL.M. from New York University.
New partners were named at ROIG Lawyers:
▪ Keith Hernandez will be based in Deerfield Beach. He concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury protection (PIP)/no-fault litigation and fraud (SIU) investigations. Previously, he was PIP manager for Allen, Kopet and Associates. Hernandez, a U.S. Army veteran, has a bachelor’s and a J.D. from the University of Florida.
▪ Ricardo M. Luces will be based in Miami. He has focused his practice primarily on defending “insureds” in bodily injury cases as well as several national insurance carriers in uninsured motorist cases, and he also handles marine-related litigation. Previously, he was senior trial attorney at State Farm. Luces has a bachelor’s in criminal justice from FIU and a J.D. from Syracuse University.
▪ Julie Harris Nelson will also be based in Miami. Her work includes the investigation and practice of Special Investigation Unit claims. Nelson, who began her legal career as an assistant state attorney in Miami-Dade, was recently senior associate with Luks, Santiniello, Petriollo & Jones. She has a bachelor’s in business administration from the University of Michigan and J.D. from St. Thomas University.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives based in South Florida. These announcements are for full-time, paid positions; we do not publish news about board memberships. Send items, including previous job; educational background; and jpegs of head shots, to email@example.com. Also include company web addresses.
Name: Robyn Hankerson
New position: Director of communications and media relations, Johnson & Wales University (North Miami campus)
From: Development and donor relations manager at the Urban League of Broward County
Also: Hankerson was an account supervisor at Bitner Goodman/Goodman Public Relations for nearly 10 years, where she managed marketing communications for Simon Property Group, Tri-Rail and Winn-Dixie, among other organizations. Hankerson was a board member for the Broward Education Foundation, president of UF’s Association of Black Alumni – South Florida, member of Leadership Broward XXXIV, New Leaders Council – Broward and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority.
Education: Has a bachelor’s in public relations from the University of Florida and a master’s in organizational leadership from Nova Southeastern University.
Best advice ever received: Keep authenticity at your core and lead from the heart, by example and with integrity.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.