Hector Aguililla, has been promoted to director in the Audit and Attest practice. Aguililla, a CPA, has a bachelor’s and a master’s from Florida International University.
Anthony Gutierrez is a director in the Tax Services practice. He was previously associate director of tax services at the firm. Gutierrez, a CPA, has a bachelor’s and a master’s in accounting from the University of Miami.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
At JM Family Enterprises in Deerfield Beach:
▪ Stephen Artusi has been promoted to group vice president and general counsel of JM Family. He was vice president and general counsel of World Omni. All of the company’s legal departments will now report to him. Artusi has a bachelor’s from the University of Florida and a law degree from the University of Houston.
▪ Caren Williams is moving into a newly established role as vice president and deputy general counsel of corporate governance. She was vice president and deputy general counsel. Williams has an undergraduate degree in public policy and American Institutions from Brown and a J.D. from UF.
▪ Andre Hall has been promoted to assistant vice president and general counsel for World Omni Financial Corp., a subsidiary of JM Family — assuming the responsibilities within the organization that Artusi held before his new role. Hall was previously assistant vice president and deputy general counsel. He has a BBA in accounting from Baruch College and a J.D. from Columbia.
Carol Cabezas has been named chief operation officer of Azamara Club Cruises in Miami. She was most recently vice president of investor relations for Royal Caribbean Cruises. Cabezas has a bachelor’s in finance and accounting from New York University and a master’s in finance from UM.
At Palmer Trinity School, a coeducational Episcopal day school in Palmetto Bay, two have been hired to the development team:
▪ George Montes has been named the director of the annual fund. He most recently was director of development at Westminster Christian School. Montes has a bachelor’s from Barry University.
▪ Alexandra Cartaya has been named director of alumni relations. She previously was marketing and enrollment director at St. Brendan High School. Cartaya has a BBA from UM and a master’s of education in curriculum and instruction technology.
Keith Butz has been named general manager of The Confidante Miami Beach. He most recently was general manager at the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. Butz has a bachelor’s in restaurant and hotel management from Purdue.
Arthur Holman has been named general manager of the Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach/Surfside. The property is managed by Hotel Equities for Hotel Development Partners of Atlanta. Holman was previously vice president of operations at Lodging Dynamics Hospitality Group in Provo, Utah. He has a bachelor’s in business management from Brigham Young University.
David John “D.J.” McCarthy has been named general manager at Sunset Key Cottages in Key West. He most recently was at Amara Cay Resort.
Maria Nardi has been named director for the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department. She was deputy director of the deparment’s planning and development division. Nardi has a degree in architecture from UM and a master’s in landscape architecture from Harvard.
Etain Elisabeth Connor has been named executive director of The Miami Finance Forum, which is a professional finance industry networking organization. Connor owned High Tide Initiatives, a Miami-based consulting firm; and she has been development officer with the Cleveland Orchestra Miami, FIU’s art museum and others. Connor has bachelor’s in classical humanities from Georgetown and an international MBA from FIU.
Sheri Zvi has been named Florida regional director of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), whose office is based in Boca Raton. She most recently was Southeast regional director of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Zvi has a bachelor’s from the University of Michigan.
Duane Marker has been named corporate controller of PuroClean, based in Tamarac. Marker, a CPA, was most recently corporate controller for AAR Corp. He has a bachelor’s in accounting from Waynesburg University in Pennsylvania and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
Rodney L. Barreto will be chief executive officer of the new firm of Coral Gables Title + Escrow, LLC, of which he is founding partner. The firm aims to facilitate real estate transactions for residential and commercial clients. Barreto has more than 25 years of experience in real estate investment, development and business consulting and is a founding partner of the Baretto Group. He is also currently chairman of the Miami Super Bowl Host Committee.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives who are based in South Florida. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, including previous job; educational background; and high-res jpegs of head shots, to email@example.com. Put “Movers” on the subject line.
Name: Lauren Ordway
New position: Executive director of Dream in Green.
From: Director of the climate and clean energy program at the Florida Chapter of the Nature Conservancy.
About Dream in Green: It’s a Miami-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower individuals to respond to climate change and other environmental challenges facing local and global communities. DIG assists schools, local governments, businesses and other organization to reduce their environmental footprint. Website: dreamingreen.org.
Also: Ordway has worked within the environmental stewardship department at Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Education: Has a bachelor’s in marine affairs and policy, international relations and biology from the University of Miami, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa. She also has a master’s in marine affairs and policy from UM’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.
Best advice she ever received: The golden rule of fundraising: “Listen more than you speak,” but I have found this advice applicable to all aspects of my life. Everything changes when you genuinely hear others.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.