George Bermudez has been named business banking market executive for Miami-Dade County at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Previously, he was senior vice president and head of corporate/commercial lending at U.S. Century Bank. He has an associate of arts degree from what was then Miami-Dade Community College, and a bachelor’s degree form Florida International University; both degrees are in business administration.
Jackson Health Foundation, the nonprofit charitable organization for Jackson Health System, has filled three top development and operational positions:
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Charmaine Gatlin has been named senior vice president, operations. She was senior vice president with 100 Black Men of America Inc. Gatlin has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida.
▪ Debbie Mucarsel-Powell is senior vice president, development. Previously, she was the associate vice president/associate dean of advancement and alumni affairs for the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. Mucarsel-Powell has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Pitzer College and a master’s degree in international political economy from Claremont Graduate University.
▪ Cory Witherspoon is vice president, development. He was director of development and capital campaign manager at Florida Memorial University. Witherspoon also served as the university’s director of programs. Witherspoon received his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Bethune-Cookman University and a master’s degree in public administration from Nova Southeastern University.
Emil Infante has joined DLA Piper’s corporate and finance practice as a partner in Miami. Before, he was at Foley & Lardner. Infante has a B.A. from Sacred Heart University, an LL.M. from Georgetown, an M.A. from the University of Dayton and a J.D. from St. Mary’s University School.
Colodny Fass has promoted two South Florida-based associates to partners:
▪ Megan Grant has a J.D. from the University of Idaho and an LL.M. in international law from Tulane.
▪ Sandy Fay has a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Miami and a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University.
Karen Schapira has been promoted to partner at Florida Health Law Center. Previously, she was senior attorney at the Law Center. Schapira has a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center. She also holds a master’s of law, taxation, from the University of Miami.
Russell Greenstein was recently promoted to vice president, sales and marketing for MileMark Media in Fort Lauderdale. Previously, he was a legal marketing consultant at LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell. He attended Brookdale College in New Jersey for business management.
John Archer has been named tax partner at McGladrey LLP in Miami. Before, he was managing director, CBIZ MHM. He has a bachelor’s in economics and Spanish from Davidson College and a law degree and MBA from Emory.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, job description, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com. Movers is updated online at MiamiHerald.com/business.
Name: Gillian Haber.
New position: She has been promoted to chief financial officer at the Miami-based Law Office of David B. Haber.
Previously: She was the firm’s accounts manager.
Education: Haber has a bachelor of science degree from the University of Florida, a master’s from Barry University, and a Ph.D. from Florida International University.
Best advice: Early in my career one of my mentors told me: ‘Having the power does not give you the wisdom. Wisdom comes through observation and the humility to recognize your own weaknesses.’ This advice has served me well with each challenging situation I encounter.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM