Roymi V. Membiela has been named vice president and chief consumer officer at Leon Medical Centers. Most recently she was associate vice president, marketing communications and chief patient experience officer at UHealth — the University of Miami Health System. Membiela has a bachelor’s from Barry and a master’s in leadership from Nova Southeastern University.
Jim “Jimmy” Pastor, who was the executive chef of Rusty Pelican Miami, has been promoted to Eastern regional chef at Specialty Restaurants Corporation, a California-based restaurant group that owns the Key Biscayne restaurant as well as several others.. He remains based in Miami. Pastor is a a graduate of Johnson & Wales.
Matthew Grosack, a healthcare and technology litigator, has joined Holland & Knight’s Miami office as a partner. He began his career at McDermott Will & Emery and then spent six years at DLA Piper. Grosack has a bachelor’s from Cornell and a J.D. from the University of Florida.
At República, two have been named creative directors:
▪ Michael DeJesus, who joined the agency in 2013 as an associate creative director, has a bachelor’s in communications/commercial advertising from the University of Puerto Rico.
▪ Federico Giraldo, who was associate creative director, has a bachelor’s in advertising from the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana in Colombia.
At EWM Realty International, two assistant managers have been promoted to vice presidents and co-sales managers of the firm’s Weston Town Center office:
▪ Sean Person, who began his career with EWM as a listing/sales coordinator in the Miami Beach office, most recently was assistant sales manager for the firm’s Coral Gables-South Miami office. He has led EWM’s new associate training throughout Miami-Dade. Person has a bachelor’s in housing and residential sciences from Florida State University.
▪ Brian Williams most recently was assistant sales manager of EWM’s Miami Beach office. He started his career with EWM as a listing/sales coordinator in the firm’s Coral Gables/South Miami office before he transitioned to EWM’s Alhambra office in 2014 as institutional asset manager.He has a bachelor’s in housing and residential sciences from FSU.
Chris Peckholdt has been named director of valuation and advisory services at Avison Young, where he will be part of the Florida Capital Markets Group, and will be based in Miami. He had worked in Avison Young’s New York office in the year prior. Peckholdt, an MAI, AI-GRS-designated member of the Appraisal Institute, has a bachelor’s in business from New York University.
Nordis Technologies, a provider of customer communication management technology in Coral Springs, has expanded its sales and marketing team:
▪ Laura Shtrax has joined the company as director of client relations. She was manager of client relations and business development for Postal Center International, a print, mail and marketing solutions provider. Shtrax has a bachelor’s in communications from the University of Florida and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
▪ Shelley Dolan, formerly the company’s director of election services and E-communications, is now director of sales and marketing operations. She has a bachelor’s in advertising from the University of Florida.
This column lists promotions of senior executives at the director level and above based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, with jpeg of a head shot; name of formal title; previous position; and educational background, to email@example.com. Write “Movers” in the subject line.
Name: Gregory Adam Haile
New position: President of Broward College. Haile is the seventh president the college has had.
From: General counsel, and vice president for public policy and government affairs, at the college. He has been at the college since 2011.
About: Haile was chosen from among over 50 applicants in a nationwide search conducted by AGB Search and a group of community leaders, faculty, staff and students who served on the Broward College Presidential Screening Committee. Haile is expected to take office in July. He follows J. David Armstrong, Jr., who will be president emeritus.
Also: Haile has been admitted to the Florida Bar and the bars of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has served as President of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association, Broward County’s African American bar association, and as president or vice president on more than 20 different community boards or committees.
Education: A first-generation college graduate, Haile received his undergraduate degree from Arizona State University and his law degree (J.D.) from Columbia. He has since taught at Harvard, Columbia University School of Law in New York, Miami Dade College and Broward College.
Best advice he ever received: The best advice I ever received was from my ninth-grade English teacher, Mr. Lieberman: “With self-discipline, any goal can be accomplished, and any challenge can be overcome.”
See past senior-level hires and promotions in South Florida for 2017-2018:
(No Movers ran on Sept. 18, 2017)
(No Movers ran on Nov. 27, 2017)
(No Movers ran on Jan. 1, 2018)
▪ March 19, 2018
▪ March 26 )
(No Movers ran on April 2, 2018)