Brent Burns has been named chief executive officer of JM Family Enterprises, effective July 1. He is currently president and COO of the company. Burns joined JM Family in 2000, was promoted to president of World Omni Financial Corp. in 2001, and was named JM Family’s chief financial officer in 2008. He was promoted to chief operating officer in 2014 and became president in 2017. Burns earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Florida Atlantic University.
HOME WARRANTY AND SERVICES
Patrick Young has been named senior vice president of business development and account management at Cross Country Home Services, based in Sunrise. He was senior vice president of travel and event partnership at Allianz Global Assistance.
At ChildNet in Fort Lauderdale, which is the community-based care lead agency in Broward and Palm Beach counties:
▪ Larry Rein has been named CEO and president of the organization. He most recently was interim president and CEO. He has a bachelor’s from Columbia and an master’s in school psychology from St. John’s University.
▪ Donna Eprifania has been named chief financial officer. Most recently, she was CEO-Florida state director of Family Preservation Service of Florida. She has a degree in finance from the University of Central Florida.
Nestor Rodriguez has been named executive director at MCCJ (formerly Miami Coalition of Christians and Jews). Most recently, Rodriguez was founding executive director of the Office of New Americans of Miami-Dade County
Alex Cesar has been hired as vice president of advisory and transaction services, specializing in landlord and tenant representation, at CBRE. He was previously senior director for retail at Robert K. Futterman. Cesare has a BBA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Eduardo Pruno of ONE Sotheby’s International Realty has been named director of sales at Merrick Manor for The Astor Companies. He was director of sales at Brickell City Centre.
At the Allen Morris Company in Coral Gables:
▪ W.A. Spencer Morris has been promoted to executive vice president of Allen Morris Residential. He previously was development associate. Morris has a degree in political science from Boston University.
▪ Enrique “Henry” Piñeiro has been promoted to senior vice president. He was director of property management and leasing. Piñeiro has a BBA, real estate and finance, and a master’s in international real estate from Florida International University.
▪ Leonely Valdes has been promoted to controller/human resource director. She was accounting manager. Leonely has a bachelor’s in finance from Florida International University.
This column lists promotions of senior executives at the director level and above based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, with jpeg of a head shot; name of formal title; previous position; and educational background, to email@example.com. Write “Movers” in the subject line.
Name: Gloria Fernandez-Banks
New position: Chief operating officer of HB Capital Group, which is based in Miami.
From: Elion Partners. She was managing director-asset management at the Aventura commercial real-estate firm.
About: She is charged with the overall daily management of operations of HB Capital. She has also previously worked for Ross Realty Investments.
About HB Capital Group: It is a privately held real estate, investment and development company whose portfolio includes more than 50 hospitality, retail, residential, office and industrial assets across eight states. The Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort in Sunny Isles Beach, and Boulevard Square, a shopping center in Pembroke Pines, and Sawgrass Grand,a hotel in Sunrise, are among the company’s assets.
Also: Fernandez-Banks has also previously worked for Ross Realty Investments. She is vice chair for the Broward College Board of Trustees and and is an advisory board member for the real estate program at Nova Southeastern University.
Education: Bachelor’s, and MBA, from the University of Miami.
Best advice: My husband, Bob Banks, who is a real estate broker once told me “Always do the right thing for your client, even if it is not in your own personal best interest.” This really resonated with me and I apply it in all my business practices.
See past senior-level hires and promotions in South Florida for 2017:
(No Movers ran on Sept. 18, 2017)
(No Movers ran on Nov. 27, 2017)
(No Movers ran on Jan. 1, 2018)
▪ March 19, 2018
▪ March 26 )
(No Movers ran on April 2, 2018)