Magd Fahmy has been hired as managing director and design director at OBM International. He will be based in Miami and in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and will oversee overall design for the firm from Miami and manage OBMI projects in the Middle East. Previously, he was design director with Rosser International, based in Qatar. Fahmy has a bachelor’s in architecture from Helwan University in Cairo.
Marcel Summermatter has been named senior vice president and market leader for Broward County at Professional Bank. Previously, he was the senior vice president of Regions Bank’s South Florida middle market department. Summermatter has a degree in business from KV Zurich Business School in Switzerland and a BBA in finance from Walsh College in Michigan.
At Broward College:
▪ Craig Levins will be district director of disability services. He was at SUNY Oneonta, where he was director of accessibility resources-Division of Academic Affairs. He has a bachelor’s in psychology from Elmira College and a master’s in counseling psychology from Antioch University.
▪ John Murphy has been named North Campus dean of students. He most recently was interim principal for Coral Springs High School. Murphy has a bachelor’s in business economics from Rutgers and a master’s in guidance and mental health counseling from Barry University.
▪ William Soto has been named Judson A. Samuels South Campus dean of students. He was department chairperson of the Miami Dade College world languages department. Soto has a degree in elementary education and a master’s in TESOL from Nova Southeastern University.
Clifton L. Kling will join Gulliver Schools in January in the newly created position of president and chief executive officer. He is president of Jackson Academy in Mississippi. Kling, a CPA, has a bachelor’s in business administration from Georgetown and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi.
At Broward Health:
▪ Peter Nyamora has been named senior vice president and chief human resources officer. He was previously the HR director at Memorial Hospital Pembroke. Nyamora has a bachelor’s from Adrian College in Michigan, and a master’s in public administration from Florida International University.
▪ Beth A. Cherry has been named vice president of physician services. Most recently, she was an administrator for physician integration and community practices at the Medicine Institute at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Cherry has a bachelor’s in nursing from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, and a master’s in nursing from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Julie Frans is director of community and culinary at The Wynwood Yard. She will lead The Yard’s community-building efforts as well as head its culinary arm. Frans is also the owner of From the Ground Up Earth to Table Hospitality & Culinary Consulting.
Grace Meinhofer-Rodriguez has been named regional communications & marketing director at the American Red Cross South Florida Region, based in Miami. Most recently, she led the marketing communications efforts at Wax Communications. She has a bachelor’s in communications and a master’s in public relations from the business school at the University of Navarra in Spain.
Bradley L. Barreto, founding partner of Coral Gables Title + Escrow, will be chief financial officer of the company. He was previously co-founder of Capital LED. Barreto has a bachelor’s in business management from Babson.
Luis R. Fernandez has joined Brown Harris Stevens Miami as principal of The LRF Group and as a licensed Realtor associate. He brings his team (The LRF Group) with him from Keller Williams Realty, where he was a licensed Realtor associate. The LRF Group’s luxury residential portfolio is worth $35 million. Fernandez has a bachelor’s from the University of Miami.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, including previous job; educational background; high-res jpegs of head shots and the website address of the company to email@example.com. Put “Movers” in the subject line.
Name: Edwin Perkins
New job: Vice president of solar at Moss in Fort Lauderdale.
From: Director of solar initiatives at Moss.
Duties: He will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and pre-construction of utility scale solar projects throughout North America and the Caribbean.
Education: Bachelor’s of design in architecture and master’s in construction management from the University of Florida. He is also a certified general contractor in South Carolina, North Carolina and Arkansas. Perkins is also a LEED AP and Moss’ representative in the Solar Energy Industries Association.
Best advice: Learn something new every day no matter how big or small. The idea is to grow, never get comfortable, and always find a challenge.
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See past senior-level hires and promotions in South Florida for 2017: