At Kaufman Rossin’s Miami office:
▪ Leandro Barbuscio, certified public accountant (CPA), is a principal in the firm’s tax practice, leading the firm’s international business services practice. He has a bachelor’s in accounting and a master’s in taxation from Florida International University.
▪ A. Todd Kesterson, CPA, is a principal in the firm’s family office services practice. Bachelor’s in accounting and master’s degrees in accounting and taxation from the University of North Texas.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
▪ Ralph MacNamara is a principal in the firm’s business development department. Bachelor’s in business administration from FIU; MBA from the University of Miami.
▪ Albert Primo, CPA, is a principal in the firm’s technology development department. Bachelor’s in finance and international business from FIU.
▪ Tyler Quinn is a principal in the firm’s assurance practice. He is a certified information systems auditor (CISA) and a CPA. Bachelor’s in accounting from Florida Atlantic University.
▪ Deborah Young, CPA is a principal in Kaufman Rossin’s entrepreneurial services practice. Bachelor’s in accounting, and master’s in taxation, from UM.
▪ James G. Wolcott has been named director of business consulting services. Bachelor’s from Lafayette College.
Erin Sutherland has been promoted to market manager for Miami-Dade County at Bank of America. Her responsibilities include community partnerships, sponsorships and philanthropy within the greater Miami area. Sutherland most recently was Miami community relations manager at the bank. Sutherland has a bachelor’s in sociology and social work from the University of New Hampshire.
Anuj Mehrotra has been named senior vice dean and vice dean for faculty development and research at the University of Miami School of Business Administration. Mehrotra, who is also the Leslie O. Barnes Scholar and a professor of management science, most recently was the school’s interim dean. Mehrotra has a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science in India, a master’s from Virginia Tech, and a Ph.D. in operations research from Georgia Institute of Technology.
Drs. Jorge Luis Sotelo and Adnan Subei have been named program directors of the graduate medical education program at Memorial Healthcare System, based in Hollywood. The move will help Memorial to pursue accreditation in more specialties as it builds an academic infrastructure.
▪ Sotelo will oversee residency programs in psychiatry. He is medical director of adult psychiatric services at Memorial Regional Hospital. Sotelo has a medical degree from UM and completed his residence in psychiatry at the UM/Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
▪ Subei will oversee residency programs in neurology. He is medical director for the multiple sclerosis program. Subei has a doctorate in osteopathic medicine at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
HOME WARRANTY SERVICES
Andrea Kane has been named chief human resources officer at Cross Country Home Services in Sunrise. The company offers home repair, maintenance and warranty services. Kane previously was an independent human resources consultant, and before that, SVP and chief people officer at AutoTrader Group & Manheim. Kane has a bachelor’s in industrial and labor relations (human resources/organizational development) from Cornell.
John Catalano has been named a partner in the real estate practice group at Siegfried, Rivera, Hyman, Lerner, De La Torre, Mars & Sobel, P.A. He was previously at Lehtinen Schultz, PLLC, where he was a founding member and led the firm’s real estate and hospitality practice group. Catalano has a bachelor’s in political science from Loyola Marymount University in California and a J.D. from Tulane.
Richard L Barbara has been named chief operating officer of Coral Gables Title + Escrow. He is founding partner of the new firm. Barbara was a founding partner at Alvarez Barbara, where he practiced real estate law and general civil and commercial litigation. Barbara has a bachelor’s in political science from FIU and a law degree from Stetson University.
Bragi Sigurdsson has been named senior director of luxury sales at the Coconut Grove office of Douglas Elliman. He was previously at ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. He has a bachelor’s in psychology from the University of Iceland.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, including previous job; educational background; high-res jpegs of head shots and the website address of the company to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Movers” in the subject line.
Name: Kenneth Palmer
New position: Vice president, senior lending officer, at University Credit Union, based in West Kendall.
From: Regional director at CU Direct.
About: The credit union, established in 1947 as the University of Miami Credit Union, has since expanded to include all those who live or work in Miami-Dade. It’s a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative financial institution governed by a volunteer board of directors and a voluntary supervisory committee, with assets at $200 million and more than 15,000 members.
Also: Palmer has been the director of lending and business development at Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, where he was responsible for all aspects of consumer lending. Before that, he was with Dade County Federal Credit Union.
Education: Bachelor’s of business administration from Florida International University.
Best advice he ever received: “Let the rest do whatever while you do whatever it takes.” Grant Cardone. [He’s an author, motivational speaker, entrepreneur and sales trainer.]
Choices for Spotlight are made from promotions sent to email@example.com.
See past senior-level hires and promotions in South Florida for 2017: