Searching for a job online with little luck?
You may want to get off the computer and into your car.
One of South Florida's biggest hiring events of the year will be in Sunrise on Thursday. And so will dozens of major employers.
The JobNewsUSA.com Job Fair will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at the BB&T Center, the arena where the Florida Panthers play hockey.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Among the companies looking to interview workers: the Florida Panthers (of course), Hilton Software, ADT Security and Seminole Gaming.
Job seekers can meet with representatives of 60 companies at the arena, One Panther Parkway, next to one of the region's biggest employment centers, Sawgrass Mills mall.
The job fair is free, and so is parking. Registration can be done at the door or online.
Remember, these are job interviews so avoid the shorts, Panthers jerseys and flip-flops. Dress like you want to be hired.
Also, bring your resumé.
The job listings site has some other advice as you plan your search and visit to the fair:
▪ Visit JobNewsUSA.com before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site, go to the directory and check out who is hiring and what jobs are available.
▪ Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumés to apply to specific companies.
▪ Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
▪ Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. Don't bring your child to the job fair or interviews.
▪ Leave your big bags at home. The arena conducts security checks at the entrance.