Forget Friday, the weekend starts right now…
- Raise a glass in honor of man’s best friend tonight (Weds, March 24) as Chop House Miami hosts PetNet Happy Hour benefiting the Humane Society of Greater Miami’s Adopt-a-Pet. From 6-8pm enjoy cocktails, appetizers & mingling with fellow pet-lovers. $20 in advance, $25 at the door, call 305-749-1842 or email email@example.com.
- Take a “culinary world tour” tomorrow (Thursday, Mar 25) at Timo courtesy of chef/owner Tim Andriola and Dine Magazine. The four-course wine-paired feast honors the Mediterranean and features such items as black truffle and duck confit agnolotti, pan roasted dorade and whole sit roasted spring lamb. $89 per person, advanced reservations are required, call 561-313-2210 or click here.
- Also tomorrow, go gourmet and (semi) budget as China Grill South Beach hosts another “bring your own wine” eight-course tasting dinner. Menu highlights include a pork belly burger, sesame crusted day boat scallops, pumpkin seed crusted local cobia, ginger crusted Key West tilefish and oxtail ravioli. $60 per person, call 305-534-2211 for reservations.
- Red sauce meets the red carpet Thursday, March 25 as Shaq, Frank Stallone, Kelly Bensimon and others head to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino to celebate the grand opening of Martorano’s Italian-American Kitchen. The 7,400-square-foot restaurant is accented with music, classical movies, a mozzarella bar and iconic images of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Menu skews traditional Italian with highlights including linguine and fresh clams, orecchiette with hot & sweet sausage and fusilli pollo. Late-night fans can dig into Philly cheese steaks, meatball sandwiches, wings and pizzas.
- Sip and snack Friday, March 26 as Morton’s Fort Lauderdale hosts a food & wine pairing seminar. Sip five wines while nibbling on signature hors d’oeuvres and go home with a “Morton’s Associate Sommelier” certificate. Feeling extra indulgent? Stick around for a three-course wine dinner with master sommelier host Tylor Field III. 6-7:30pm, $45 per person for seminar, $150 per person for seminar & dinner; reserve at 954-467-9720
- Michy’s gets back into the wine tasting game as it presents “Not Another Ordinary Wine Tasting” Saturday, March 27 at 1:30pm. Up to 25 participants will taste eight wines paired with music, local art, celebrities and short skits. $44 per person, call 759-2001 for info & reservations.
- Give Passover a Mexican twist as Rosa Mexicano dishes out Seder specialties from March 29 through April 5. Highlights include tropical haroset, banana leaf-wrapped brisket and red snapper gefilte fish with spicy tomato salsa and picked vegetables. Preview the action with a free cooking demo March 27 at 10am.
- Get your seafood fix Sunday, Mar 28 betweem 11am-6pm at the 6th annual Deering Seafood Festival. Oysters, Cajun crawdads, crabs, salmon sliders and lobster & fish curry are all on the menu, as are cooking demos by Clay Conley (Azul), Sean Bernal (Oceanaire) and Damian Gilchrist (Ocean Reef Club). $15 ($12 in advance online), 305-235-1668.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald