The town is abuzz with Basel and the dining continues. Get sated & satisfied at these weekend events…
- Friday, Dec 4 W Wine Boutique celebrates the Battle of the Brut. From 7-9pm, the Alton Road wine shop is popping the cork on 12 different Brut selections. $19.99 (includes Reidel champagne glass), rsvp at 673-8282.
- Coral Gables launches its new monthly Giralda Under the Stars event Friday, Dec 4. Slated to take place the first Friday of every month through May 2010, the food fest will see the 100 block of Giralda (between Ponce & Galiano) blocked of traffic and bustling with al fresco dining and live music from 6pm-midnight. 10 restuarants, including Bangkok Bangkok II, La Dorada and Il Grissino, are participating.
- Head outside Saturday, Dec 5 from noon to 5pm and celebrate A Taste of Mimo. Browse the Miami Modern architecture (it is Basel weekend after all) then dig into $2-$5 tastings from 11 different Biscayne Boulevard restaurants between 67 & 78 Streets. On our hit list – pizza from Che Sopranos, sushi from Moshi Moshi, Thai from Moonchine and soup from Le Cafe.
- While in the MiMo neighborhood, swing by Luna Corner Pizza to celebrate its grand opening and indulge in free pizza tastings from noon to 6pm. Should you decide to invest in a paid product, 10% of proceeds will benefit the Charter School of Miami.
- Sushi Maki is celebrating the end of hurricane season by swapping you spicy salmon & California rolls for leftover canned food. Bring at least two canned items to any Sushi Maki location weekdays after 3pm through Dec 31 and dig into one free roll. The deal is limited to one free roll per visit, all donated cans will go to the Community Partnership for the Homeless.
- Bring your favorite puppy to the Loews Miami Beach this Sunday, Dec 6 for a brunch benefiting the Humane Society of Greater Miami Adopt-A-Pet. Expect canine craziness, contests, a silent auction and a doggie and adult brunch buffet. $100, email firstname.lastname@example.org for info and reservations.