Time to break out the slush fund – August wining & dining opportunities abound…
- Head to South Miami for Deli Lane’s Wine N’ Dine Thursday August 20. At one of the best deals in town, sample three Sterling Vineyards wines and enjoy two food pairings per glass. The menu includes Sterling Chardonnay paired with a bourbon glazed pork medallion and pan sautéed snapper; Sterling Meritage paired with fettuccini and veal in a porcini sauce and baked brie; and Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon paired with sesame Thai chicken spring rolls and shredded flank steak. Deli Lane: 7230 SW 59 Ave, South Miami; 305-665-0606; Aug 20, 6:30pm; $12.95 with advance online registration, $14.95 at the door
- Sip and spa Thursday nights beginning August 20 at Essensia at The Palms. The weekly special features a free eco-friendly cocktail station from 6-7pm, complimentary mini spa services and 50% of all drinks, cocktails and lounge food at Essensia Lounge and spa discounts. Essensia at The Palms: 3025 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-908-5460; Thursdays, 6pm
- Celebrate the finer things in life August 20 at the Mandarin Oriental’s Art & Wine Event. Azul sommelier Cynthia Betancourt and art advisor Sebastien Laboureau of MoonStar Fine Arts Advisors are collaborating on this interactive event featuring discussions about the state of the art market, a showcase of French contemporary sculptor YOM, gourmet bites and tastings from the cellar of Domaines Barons de Lafite-Rothschild. Azul at the Mandarin Oriental Miami: 500 Brickell Key Drive; 305-913-8358; $50; August 20, 6:30-8pm
- Head to Mortons August 21 (Coral Gables) and/or August 28 (Fort Lauderdale) to sip and blind taste with a master. Guild of Master Sommeliers “Distinguished Service Award” winner Tylor Field III will lead guests through master class seminars featuring several wines and various gourmet treats. Morton’s Coral Gables: 233 Ponce de Leon, Coral Gables; 305-442-1662; $45; Aug 21 6-7:30pm. Morton’s Fort Lauderdale: 500 East Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-467-9720; $45; Aug 28, 6-7:30pm.
- Meat Market celebrates its third monthly wine series on Thursday, August 25. Sommelier Gabriel Varela & chef Sean Brasel offer patrons a five-course dinner paired with wines from the Chateau St. Jean winery. Menu highlights include pompano ceviche, Kurobuta pork skirt steak and wood grilled baby quail. Meat Market: 915 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-532-0088; $160 per person; Thursday Aug 25 – 7pm reception, 8pm dinner.
- Indulge in Mad Men Mondays at the Grove’s Mayfair Hotel beginning Monday Aug 17. Wind down the day from 5:30-7:30 with a $3.50 martini, Manhattan, Rob Roy, Old Fashioned, Tom Collins, Harvey Wallbanger or bloody Mary while the AMC series plays in the background. Stay for dinner and enjoy a three-course $20.99 Angelo & Maxie’s feast featuring Caesar salad, filet mignon and caramel cheesecake. Mayfair Hotel: 3000 Florida Avenue, Coconut Grove; 305-445-8177.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald