It’s hot out there, which means you have to wear skimpy clothes.
It also means you need to look good — and toned — in said skimpy clothes.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
We caught up with Beto Perez, creator of fitness craze Zumba, who is in town for Major League Baseball (MLB) weekend. He’ll be leading a MLB All-Star Zumba® class on Sunday at 9:30 am at Bayfront Park. A limited number of dancers will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with Beto himself by selecting the VIP experience ticket option). For tickets, click here.
A post shared by Beto Perez (@zumbabeto) on Jul 9, 2017 at 3:27pm PDT
Perez invites all ages to take part on this fun, calorie-burning dance meets exercise party. Before you decide to participate, here are his five best tips for not passing out.
- It’s important to stay hydrated all day, not just during your workout. And, this does not mean drink anything–avoid sugary drinks and stick to water!
- Try to avoid exercising outdoors if possible. So many zumba classes are available in indoor settings, as well as other workouts – don’t make it harder on your body than it already is.
- Wear clothing that has wicking capabilities – many pieces in our Zumba wear collection feature this technology, as do many other athleisure brands. your body will thank you!
- If you must exercise outdoors, avoid the hottest part of the day and wear lighter colored clothing so the sun doesn’t hit you as bad. Our event is in the morning, so it should be cooler.
- Know the signs of heat exhaustion so you can stop your workout if necessary and avoid this happening to you.