Just in time for your summer playlist: Enrique Iglesias took to Facebook Live Wednesday to talk — in both Spanish and English — with fans about his new single, Duele El Corazón, featuring reggaeton icon Wisin. What we learned:
1. He and Wisin are longtime friends. Iglesias said he was happy to collaborate with the singer who used to be in the duo Wisin y Yandel. “His energy is unbelievable,” said Enrique.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
2. Enrique has a super cute dog. During the chat, Jack, his Chesapeake Bay Retriever, appeared in the background and a fan wrote in wanting to know the pet’s favorite food. “Whatever I eat at night, he’ll have, which is probably not good,” said the Hero crooner, admitting sheepishly that Jack “loves spaghetti.”
3. Iglesias prefers Spanish sand: If you want to catch the pop prince lying on a beach, head to Spain, not SoBe. Enrique, who was born in Madrid, spilled that Malaga on the Costa del Sol is his favorite place to lounge.
4. He loves to perform. His favorite place in the world? The stage.
5. Love hurts, even when you’re one half of a happy couple. About the new song, translated as “The Heart Hurts,” Iglesias, who turns 41 on May 8, explained: “We can all relate to fighting with a partner and what’s cool about this song that we’ve all been in this relationship or know someone has,” said Iglesias, who has been with Anna Kournikova since first hooking up with the former tennis star on his Escape video in 2001. “We’ve all known that someone wasn’t the right person for you. That’s what music is about. Talking about love, falling in love, or sex.”