Everyone in South Florida is keeping an eye on Hurricane Matthew, which is reportedly moving in our direction, so Miami.com is keeping tabs on the events that are being rescheduled due to the potentially dangerous conditions.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art is rescheduling its opening night reception for the latest exhibit “SYZYGY” for Thursday, Oct. 13 from 6-9 p.m. (regularly scheduled for Oct. 6)
- VeritageMiami, the four-day food festival that was supposed to begin Wednesday, will postpone all of its activities, including the beer tasting, wine tasting, chef dinner and interactive dinner. The event will be rescheduled for 2017.
- Access to Miami Beach is closed starting at sunset on Wednesday.
- Everglades National Park is closed starting 5 p.m. Tuesday and ending when the storm passes. Dry Tortugas National Park will stay open. Follow here for alerts on the park’s reopening
- Biscayne National Park is closed beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. The visitor center and park islands are closed until further notice. Park waters are open for vessel transit only.
- For a list of sports events that have been canceled click here.
- Bacon Bash at Esplanade Park has been rescheduled for Jan. 22, 2017.
- Miami Seaquarium is closed Wednesday (Oct. 5) to prepare for the hurricane.
- Miami Beach canceled the opening night (Oct. 5) to its SoundScape Cinema Series.
- Coral Gables Art Cinema will be closed Thursday; 70MM Film Festival, which starts Friday, is still scheduled.
- Due to the weather forecast, The Wynwood Yard will be closed Wednesday as of 3 pm and events for tonight and tomorrow are postponed (Design Thinking Miami bar takeover, Malaysian Batik and Bites and United Way Veritage Miami Craft Beer Tasting Afterparty, among others).
- The Chainsmokers concert scheduled at House of Horror at the Miami International Mall for Thursday will be rescheduled for Friday, Nov. 4. All tickets for the original Oct 6 date are still valid and new tickets are not needed. House of Horror will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, reopening Friday.
- The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU will be closed Thursday, Oct. 6 and Friday, Oct. 7 and is expected to resume normal operations on Saturday, Oct. 8, but up-to-date details will be made available at www.jewishmuseum.com or on Facebook, @JewishMuseumofFlorida.
- Zoo Miami will be closing at 2 p.m. on Wednesday and reopen on Friday.
- Perez Art Museum Miami and its restaurant Verde will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 6. Updates will be posted on pamm.org.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens will be closed to the public Wednesday, Oct. 5 through Thursday, Oct. 6. The decision to open or close on Friday, Oct. 7 will depend upon the severity of the storm and its effect on the estate and Miami region.
- Books & Books author appearances by Sophia Amoruso, Soman Chainani and Robert Buschel are canceled.
- TheFitExpo Fort Lauderdale will postpone the event this weekend. New dates will be announced later.
- Miami Beach’s Hispanic Heritage Festival is canceled.
- Mad Cat Theater Company’s performances of “Why Not? With Richard Nixon” on Thursday and Friday are cancelled; performances have been added at 8 p.m. Monday Oct. 10 and Tuesday Oct. 11
- The MDC Museum of Art + Design is closed from 3 p.m. Wednesday until further notice; the 2016-2017 CINTAS Foundation Fellowship Awards Ceremony is postponed.
- All Miami-Dade Public Library System branches will close today at 2 p.m. and will remain closed through Friday, October 7. Normal operating hours are expected to resume on Saturday, October 8. Patrons may visit www.mdpls.org.
Institute of Contemporary Art Miami’s galleries will close to the public Wednesday, Oct. 5 through Thursday, Oct. 6. The museum is currently scheduled to reopen on Friday, Oct. 7 at 11 a.m. pending further hurricane advisory.
All Coral Gables parks will be closed Thursday
The Lowe Art Museum at the University of Miami is closed Thursday and Friday; the ID Project Opening is postponed to Oct. 27.
The Grass Stains site-specific performance of Jenny Larsson’s “LAND” at the FIU Nature Preserve has been re-scheduled for Oct. 15 and 16.
The play “Nerium Park” at Miami-Dade County Auditorium on Thursday and Friday is canceled.
Centro Cultural Espanol Microtheater Miami is closed Thursday
MiFo LGBT Film Festival has postponed the Opening Night film and party, which will now take place on Friday, Oct. 14 at the NSU Art Museum. Other films orginally scheduled for this weekend have been rescheduled as well. Visit www.mifofilm.com for updates.