I predict LeBron James will start rethinking that Cleveland decision by the second snow this winter. The sentimental pull of home – and the desire to raise your family in familiar territory – is strong, but once those kids start whining in below-zero temps, Miami is going to start to look pretty good.
They may not know it until then, but, as a Miami mom, I can already predict what LeBron’s kids are going to miss out on by not being raised in Miami.
- The ocean
- The chance to be bilingual
- The ability to play outside year-round
- 4 professional sports teams in one place (maybe 5 … Beckham? Beckham?)
- $5 Cuban breakfasts
- Critical Mass Fridays
- Life without mittens
- A global perspective
- Unwrapping Christmas presents in shorts
- A 2015 NBA championship ring