Growing up, I remember my parents using a can of WD40 to grease up a door hinge that was too noisy and being amazed that it actually worked (As a kid, the smallest things impress you). Now that I am older, I am amazed at how much you can do around the home with a can of WD40, so I thought I would share them with you today.
Use a can of WD40 to do the following:
• Remove rust stains from your shower.
• Remove ink from blue jeans.
• Remove scuff marks on floors and surfaces.
• Remove crayon stains from toys and other surfaces.
• Remove coffee stains in cups.
• Remove scum by spraying down the drains.
• Clean stainless steel when you spray WD40 on a cloth and rub it away.
• Keep snow from sticking to shovels.
• Clean window sills.
Just to be sure that the WD40 doesn’t damage the item you are putting it on, I suggest you try using it in a small area first.
Do you know of any other ways to use WD40 around the home? We’d love to hear your tips & tricks, so feel free to comment.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald