In addition to making lemonade and cooking, Lemons can also be used around the house to help eliminate odors. Here are a few ideas you can try:
- Freshen up a room by cutting lemons in half and placing them in a bowl, with the cut side up.
- Throw some lemon peels into your fire place while it is lit to keep the fire odor under control
- Put some lemon juice on a sponge and place it inside your refrigerator for several hours to remove odors.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- Throw used lemon peels into the garbage disposal monthly to prevent odors.
- Remove odors and sanitize your cutting board by rubbing it with the cut side of half a lemon or wash it in undiluted lemon juice. Don’t rinse, it will absorb it.
- Place a few slices of cut lemon near a litter box to neutralize those odors.
- Create your own air freshener by slicing some lemons and boiling them simmer in a pot of water for about an hour.
Do you know of any ways to use lemons to neutralize odors? We’d love to hear your tips & tricks.