Let Northerners keep their riot of fall leaves, we've got the flamboyant flames of Poinciana trees and the sunset ripeness of mangoes to color our days. You can sweat and curse through a summer in Miami or you can choose to embrace its many pleasures:
1. The bright blue-green-yellow flashes of a dolphin hooked in the Gulf Stream on calm seas
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. The comforting warmth of a café con leche after a 4 p.m. summer storm
3. Miami Spice Restaurant month
4. No more 6 a.m. wake-up alarms for school
5. Summer Shorts @ the Adrienne Arsht Center
6. Lychees for sale on the side of the road
7. Key lime milkshakes at Wayside Market in Pinecrest
8. No traffic
9. The International Mango Festival @ Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
10. Dairy Queen
What makes your South Fla. summer lovin' list?