Part II of: The List-Making Central Series
1. My keys—(A regular occurrence that snaps me into a short-lived frenzy minutes before I have to leave the house to pick up the big ones from school.)
2. The Flip camera---(This lasted three days and during that time, I made everyone close to me miserable and borderline insane.)
3. My kid’s homework packet—(I may have accidentally dumped it with the already graded stuff he proudly brought home to show me. I even considered that the teacher took it prematurely, but she said no.)
4. Legal proof of marriage document—(Temporarily forgot in which county I filed 11 years ago, and was legally single for a solid two weeks before remembering that we filed out of town. And, I don’t remember why.)
5. My cell phone---(Even when I call myself from the land line to locate it, despite hearing it ring and being just a few yards away, I can’t identify it’s geographical position due to my hearing deficit.
6. My Costco card---(I realized this while opening my wallet to hand it to the requesting cashier--- with at least 12 anxious store patrons waiting behind me, shooting me looks of disdain.)
7. Phone charger---(Resting for 2 days inconspicuously under the ripening bananas.)
8. My engagement ring---(Found it a day later in my pants pocket deep within the crevices of the laundry hamper. PLEASE DO NOT TELL MY HUSBAND.)
9. Thank you notes---(I had written, stamped and taken a bundle to the Post Office. I re-wrote a few that I didn’t remember sending, but was unsure, and probably sent to same people twice.)
10. My lists---(That tell me what to do, when it’s time to think, what to say, and to whom.)
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.