Latest News

AT&T won't give me my $125

Q. On October 3, 2008, I called AT&T to inquire about my bill, and a representative told me that if I changed the Internet service from Advanced Cable to AT&T, I would be reimbursed $125. So I agreed and changed, but I never got the money.

After several calls, they told me that I did not qualify for that offer. I told them that they should keep their promises, and the answer was that they were not responsible for what the person over the telephone offered.

-- Ricardo Serrano, Weston

A. We contacted AT&T and a few days later, spokeswoman Kelly Starling said the issue has been addressed. We called you and you said AT&T had called and said it will credit your account for $125. You were very appreciative.