It’s hard to overstate the sheer scale of the new Aventura Mall expansion. By the numbers:
- 315,000 square feet of shops, restaurants, art and activations.
- 34,000 square feet alone for Zara, spread across two floors.
- 84-by-50 foot glass wall at the entrance.
- 9 stories (plus three feet) of sculpture by Carsten Höller, including a slide you can ride down.
- 3 bronze monkeys playing among bronze trees, created by the Haas Brothers.
Jackie Soffer, CEO of mall owner Turnberry Associates, said the hope is to turn a ho-hum trip to the mall into an outing that actually excites families.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
“It’s shopping, it’s dining, it’s art installations, and it’s activities for children,” she said. “We’re creating fun things for people to do together.”
19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura; 305-935-1110; aventuramall.com.
Planning a trip to the mall? Here are some other ideas of things to do in Aventura.