Most fairs and exhibitions run through 6 p.m. December 4. Key Art Week dates include:
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
▪ 3 p.m. “Tide by Side,” public parade celebrating the opening of the Faena Forum. Collins Avenue from 32nd to 36th streets, Miami Beach. faenaart.org.
▪ 3 p.m. Fridge Art Fair opens. The Betsy hotel, 1440 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. fridgeartfair.com.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28
▪ 9 a.m. Art of Transformation “Say It Loud” exhibition curated by Tumelo Mosaka opens. Opa-locka Community Development Corporation, 675 Ali Baba Avenue, Opa-locka. opalockaart.org.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29
▪ 9 a.m. Opening of “Progressive Praxis” exhibition. De la Cruz Collection, 23 Northeast 41st Street, Design District. delacruzcollection.org.
▪ 11 a.m. Scope Miami Beach fair opens. 801 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. scope-art.com.
▪ 7:30 p.m., 9 p.m. Alexis Gideon’s “The Comet and the Glacier” video opera and live performance. 3852 North Miami Avenue, Design District. See website for other performance times and dates: locustprojects.org.
▪ 11 p.m. Wynwood Walls’ “Fear Less,” unveiling of 12 new murals. 2520 Northwest Second Avenue, Wynwood. thewynwoodwalls.com.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30
▪ 9 a.m. Ink Miami Art Fair opens. Suites of Dorchester, 1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach. inkartfair.com.
▪ 10 a.m. “Desire,” an exhibition centered on the theme of eroticism and presented by Jeffrey Deitch and Larry Gagosian, opens at the Moore Building. 191 Northeast 40th Street, Design District.
▪ 11 a.m. Art Miami fair opens. 3101 Northeast First Avenue, Midtown Miami. artmiamifair.com.
▪ 11 a.m. UNTITLED ART fair opens. Ocean Drive and 12th Street on the sand, Miami Beach. art-untitled.com.
▪ 11 a.m. Context Art Miami fair opens. 36th Street between Northeast First Avenue and Buena Vista Boulevard, Midtown Miami. contextartmiami.com.
▪ 11 a.m. Prizm Art Fair opens. 7230 Northwest Miami Court, Little River. prizmartfair.com.
▪ Noon. Pinta Miami fair opens. Mana Wynwood, 2217 Northwest Fifth Avenue, Wynwood. pintamiami.com.
▪ Noon. Design Miami/ opens. Tent at Meridian Avenue and 19th Street, across from the Miami Beach Convention Center. designmiami.com.
▪ 6 p.m. “Viola Meets Mozart” pairs artist Bill Viola’s “Inverted Birth” with violinist Julian Rachlin playing selections from Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 5 as Spanish dancer Jesus Pastor performs original choreography. Mana Wynwood, 2217 Northwest Fifth Avenue, Wynwood. pintamiami.com.
▪ 7 p.m. “The Other Dimension” exhibition with works by Antuan Rodriguez and artist talk opens. Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami, 770 Northeast 125th Street, North Miami. mocanomi.org.
▪ 8 p.m. Art Public opening performances in front of The Bass. 2100 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1
▪ 10 a.m. Pulse Miami Beach fair opens. 4601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach. pulse-art.com.
▪ Noon: Aqua Art Miami fair opens at the Aqua Hotel. 1530 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. aquaartmiami.com.
▪ Noon: Red Dot Miami fair opens. 1700 Northeast Second Avenue, Miami. reddotmiami.com.
▪ Noon: Spectrum Miami Art fair opens. 1700 Northeast Second Avenue, Miami. spectrum-miami.com.
▪ 2 p.m. NADA (New Art Dealers Association) fair opens. Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach. newartdealers.org.
▪ 3 p.m. Art Basel in Miami Beach opens. Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive. artbasel.com.
▪ 6 p.m. Superfine! The Fairest Fair opens. 56 Northeast 29th Street, Wynwood. superfine.world.
▪ 6:30 p.m. Wynwood Walls artists’ panel discussion at Goldman Global Arts Gallery. 2214 Northwest First Place, Wynwood. thewynwoodwalls.com.
▪ 9 p.m. PAMM Presents Cashmere Cat, Jillionaire plus special guest Uncle Luke at Pérez Art Museum Miami. 1103 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami. Open exclusively to PAMM Sustaining and higher-level members; to join visit pamm.org.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
▪ 11 a.m. Miami Project fair opens. 6625 Indian Creek Drive, Miami Beach. miami-project.com.
▪ 8:30 p.m. “Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back” by Maura Axelrod will be shown as part of Art Basel’s film series at the Colony Theater. 1040 Lincoln Road.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
▪ 3 p.m. Traffic Jam live performance at Miami Dade College. Biscayne Boulevard parking lot between Northeast Fifth and Sixth streets. mdclivearts.org.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4
▪ 9:30 a.m. Breakfast in the Park at the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum FIU presents Judy Pfaff. Florida International University, 10975 Southwest 17th Street, Miami. thefrost.fiu.edu.
▪ 10 a.m. Brunch and discussion about Donald Sultan’s “The Disaster Paintings” at the University of Miami’s Lowe Art Museum. 1301 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables. loweartmuseum.org.
▪ 6 p.m. Most fairs and exhibits close.