Jose Lambiet

Wife seeks divorce against Creed’s Scott Stapp

Getty Images

The former beauty queen and wife of Creed frontman Scott Stapp filed for divorce recently and supported the petition with text messages she says she received from the singer while he was on an alleged drug binge last month.

Stapp, 41, has been married to the former Miss New York USA for eight years, according to the documents, filed in Palm Beach County.

They live in Boca Raton with their three children.

In the divorce petition, Jaclyn Stapp asked for full custody of the kids because, she claims, the singer of My Sacrifice and With Arms Wide Open is incapable of taking care of them.

She says he disappeared from their home in early October and hasn’t been telling her where he is. The paperwork shows she asserts Stapp has been doing so much amphetamines, crystal meth and steroids that he has become a paranoid shell who has threatened to kill himself and harm his family.

Among the text messages in the file:

▪ “Florida is not safe. Biological weapons on the way. U have to leave with kids and meet me in Atlanta.”

▪ “I’m coming to get you Satan and children. No mercy. You know how this ends. God created you and now God is ending you.”

▪ “God is also telling me something about Palm Springs and Nashville so there’s a connection somehow. He’s also telling me DEA for some reason.”

▪ “Wells Fargo working out my account problems. I’m out of gas. Haven’t eaten all day. I’m asking if they can spot me $1,000 so I don’t fall over from malnutrition.”

▪ “I wouldn’t doubt it if the CIA is behind Alcoholics Anonymous.”

What’s more, Jaclyn filed a Marchman Act petition against the rocker on Nov. 11. A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday. A judge could order Stapp into treatment for up to five days at first, then up to five months if necessary.

In a statement, Jason Brodie, Jaclyn’s attorney, wrote: “This is a very painful and personal matter for Jaclyn and her family. Her primary concern remains, as it always has been, the best interest of her children.”

Stapp did not answer repeated phone calls. As of Friday, his cellphone voicemail box was full and no attorney for him was listed in either filing.

BIEBER REPORT

A jury trial is set for Feb. 16 in the civil lawsuit filed in Miami against pop star Justin Bieber.

Bieber, 20, and a Broward-based bodyguard, Hugo Hesny, are accused by a Miami Beach paparazzo of roughing him up during an incident in front of a recording studio in June 2013.

Bieber’s attorneys are asking for an arbitrator to hold the trial. However, the judgment would not be binding. Mark DiCowden, the shutterbug’s lawyer, deemed the arbitrator process “an attempt to stall.”

“The plaintiff is looking forward to his day in court,” he said.

No comment from Bieber’s peeps.

DOCTOR, DOCTOR

University of Miami neurologist Bruno Gallo has dropped his petition for a restraining order against a former patient and lover, according to Miami-Dade County court records.

The married Gallo filed against former patient Lisa Morse last month after he found someone had carved “No more I love yous” in the passenger door of his car after he refused to see her as a patient and broke up with her.

Gallo was scheduled to argue before a judge that Morse be forced to stay away, but the buzz about their relationship got louder on campus after nurses in his office filed a formal complaint.

The doctor hasn’t been returning calls for comment.

  Comments