Sean Combs — aka Puff Daddy, Puff Diddy and Diddy — is bringing his Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour to AmericanAirlines Arena on Saturday night. Here are a few fun facts about the father of six:
1. The 46-year-old rap mogul will round up some of his biggest success stories off his hip-hop label, Bad Boy Records. Think pals and collaborators like Lil Kim (“It’s All About the Benjamins”), Mase (“Been Around the World”), plus Faith Evans and 112, with whom sang “I’ll Be Missing You,” an ode to BBR artist Christopher “The Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace, who was killed in a drive-by shooting in L.A. in March 1997. The track, off Combs’ “No Way Out” album, samples The Police song “Every Breath You Take” and was released a few months after Wallace’s murder, which remains unsolved.
2. It’s unclear what kind of shape Combs will be in physically, or if he will be able to rock it out like he usually does. Last month, the music mogul underwent shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff, and the tour was slightly delayed. There were also rumors that the tour was delayed because Jennifer Lopez’s famous ex was having trouble at home, but Combs and R&B artist Cassie Ventura were pictured happily holding hands at Beyonce’s “Soul Train” themed party for her 35th birthday in NYC on Monday night.
3. At least we know the Ciroc vodka owner will have somewhere to lay his head. Combs maintains a stylish pad (um, mansion) on Star Island, where he has been known to throw a party or two. Just this past New Year’s Eve, such celebrities as Laverne Cox, Taraji P. Henson, The Weeknd and Amber Rose attended a blowout with lavish cocktails (obvio) and food provided by erstwhile Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade’s personal chef Richard Ingraham.
4. Diehard fans should try to catch Saturday night’s AAA show if you can. Combs has mentioned on more than one occasion he’d like to give up the whole music thing and focus on acting full time. You may have caught him flexing dramatic skills in such movies as “Raisin in the Sun,” “Monster’s Ball” and “Made.”
5. Awww. The native New Yorker told Cigar Aficionado in April that this Bad Boy reunion tour was a kind of last hurrah: “I want to take a victory lap, to do a world tour and really enjoy it once last time.” Puff’s swan song musically will be “No Way Out 2,” his eighth and final studio album; there’s no release date yet. Whatever happens, we don’t worry about this businessman. Forbes recently clocked his net worth at a cool $750 million.
Concert info: All Ticketmaster outlets, including Ticketmaster.com and 800-745-3000. Prices from $35.50 to $146.