Time lapse: The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald newsroom covering Hurricane Irma
We think internships at the Miami Herald Media Company are among the best in the country. Each year, we offer talented collegiate journalists the opportunity to hone their craft working with the country’s top professionals in the most interesting, diverse and news-intensive city in the United States.
Many former Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald interns still work in our newsrooms, and others have top jobs in journalism (and in film and law and other careers) all over the world.
• We offer internships in news, business, features and sports reporting, photography/videography, copy editing, design, and multimedia. (All reporting internships presume multimedia work, by the way.)
• Internships last 10 weeks and pay $520 per week.
• Application deadline is Oct. 31 every year for the following year.
• Most interns come during the summer, but successful candidates can intern in fall or winter of the calendar year.
What we need from you:
• A persuasive cover letter. Why should we pick you?
• Six to eight samples of your work for writers, artists, designers; 20 images for photographers, five videos from videographers. Or a combination of the above.
• The names of three references we can contact and ways to contact them. We do not require letters of recommendation.
• Spanish-fluency (both written and oral) is required for internships at el Nuevo Herald.
Digital applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Printed applications should be mailed to: Miami Herald Media Company, 3511 NW 91st Ave., Miami, FL 33172