1. DOLPHINS: Ready or not, here comes Cutler!: Fins won preseason opener without him, now host Baltimore Thursday night with new QB Jay Cutler expected to see his first game action as a Dolphin. Club's best Jay since Fiedler? Or do we set bar a bit higher?
2. MARLINS: Loria agrees to sell to Jeter group: Well, in addition to Giancarlo Stanton leading MLB in home runs, now a second thing about this Marlins season has gone right: Massively disliked owner Jeffrey Loria agreeing to sell the club to the consortium fronted by ex-Yankees star Derek Jeter. Cue Miami parade, please. It's sure been nice knowin' you, Jeffrey. Well, sort of. At times. OK, not really.
3. HURRICANES: UM marks FanFest with QB battle still unsettled: The Hurricanes' annual FanFest event was Saturday at Hard Rock. Fans, three weeks from season opener, do you know who your starting quarterback is? If you do, please let Mark Richt know.
4. GOLF: Season's final major wraps up Sunday: Year's fourth and last major, the PGA Championship, ends Sunday in Charlotte, N.C. Did you know that when The Masters, U.S. Open and British Open get together for drinks they privately make fun of the PGA?
5. HEAT: Historic foreign game scheduled: Highlights of next season's NBA schedule: Heat open Oct. 18 in Orlando, play club's first-ever international game Dec. 9 in Mexico and host Cleveland just once, March 27. So now LeBron knows when to plan that “rest day.”