Free-agent point guard Brian Roberts has agreed to a $5.5 million, two-year deal with the Charlotte Hornets, according to a person familiar with the contract.
Candice Dupree and the Phoenix Mercury avenged their only home loss of the season in dominant fashion.
The middle of the Los Angeles Angels' batting order handled the Rangers' pitchers and the Texas heat.
When Brazil's football fans finally got their best chance to see Sepp Blatter at the World Cup, they had a message for him.
Joey Gallo let loose his powerful left-handed swing on a too-good-to-pass-up pitch over the plate, producing a soaring two-run homer to give his team the lead for good.
Jacob deGrom had a tiebreaking single and again shut down the Marlins with seven impressive innings, David Wright doubled twice and drove in two runs, and the New York Mets completed a three-game sweep of Miami with a 9-1 victory on Sunday.
Brian Dozier played his own version of Home Run Derby against the Colorado Rockies, hitting two into the left-field seats.
Arismendy Alcantara is making a strong case to stay with the Chicago Cubs.
After the Brewers got to Carlos Martinez, the St. Louis starter lost his cool at the plate.
A brief look at the ninth stage of the Tour de France on Sunday:
The Los Angeles Dodgers began the season Down Under in Australia. They've arrived at the All-Star break on top of the NL West.
Madison Bumgarner became the first pitcher in 48 years to hit two grand slams in a season, and Buster Posey also hit a slam Sunday that boosted the San Francisco Giants over the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-4.
Sitting in the Minnesota Twins locker room Sunday surrounded by many of the most promising minor leaguers, Christian Binford remembered back five years ago, when he was a 10th grader pitching for the Mercersburg Academy in Pennsylvania.
Chandler Parsons is going to the Dallas Mavericks after the Houston Rockets decided not to match the restricted free agent's three-year offer sheet worth more than $45 million.
With the game tied at 1 in the fourth inning, Marlins manager Mike Redmond went with what he thought was solid strategy: walk the No. 8 batter to face the pitcher.
At a World Cup where substitutes have made more impact than ever, it was fitting that Mario Goetze came off the bench to win it, and another replacement supplied the inch-perfect cross.
The Oakland Athletics needed a strong start from Sonny Gray to avoid being swept entering the four-day break for the All-Star game.
Lionel Messi's final act in the 2014 World Cup was lifting a free kick high over the bar, wasting Argentina's last chance to equalize in the final against Germany.
Mike Trout doubled twice and drove in four runs as the Los Angeles Angels beat the Texas Rangers 10-7 Sunday and took a five-game winning streak into the All-Star break.
The Detroit Tigers like where they are in the standings heading into the All-Star break.
- Suspect arrested in shooting captured on video
- Police: Woman dead; companion, 3 children missing
- American among volunteer human shields at Gaza hospital
- 8 killed in mortar attack in Egypt's Sinai
- USGS: 6.1-magnitude quake shakes northern Chile
- Pizza man robbed, shot in Southwest Miami-Dade
- Mayor: Cop killer said he was 'going to be famous'
- Israeli strike kills 18, stirs debate over targets
- Miami Heat agrees to multi-year deals with Luol Deng, Mario Chalmers, Chris Andersen
- Miami Marlins stagger into All-Star break on sour note with loss to New York Mets
- Marlins’ Mike Hill says team is seeking another starting pitcher
- Michelle Kaufman: Brazil gets kudos for putting on spectacular World Cup
- Net fishing ruling upheld
- Miami Marlins bullpen falters in loss to Mets
- Germany and Argentina have long intertwined World Cup history
- Work begins on rebuilding Miami Heat roster
- Former Florida tourism booster now promoting U.S. as a destination
- KVR Trade Finance: Miami firm aids small and mid-sized businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Maximizing revenues: How restaurants are learning tricks from the box office
- Entrepreneurship datebook and startup news to note
- Small business spotlight: Home Financing Center
- Entrepreneurs share a summer cocktail of startup advice
- Some South Florida docs decline to accept Obamacare
- Copa Airlines kicks off service between Fort Lauderdale and Panama
- What are you reading now?
- Therapist uses humor to describe the world of wounded soldiers
- Nipple reduction surgery can be done
- The emotional turmoil of entering a new, American life
- What to do when things go ‘awry’ with your Hotwire booking
- Southern Cross Stargazer for July 13-19, 2014
- Antebellum Trail meanders through towns that Gen. Sherman spared
- Carnival is rockin’ the boat with shipboard concerts
- Miami’s Ground Up & Rising explores the hell of war in ‘9 Circles’
- ‘Calígula’: disturbing, richly provoking, void of hope
- The Arsht Center aims to make a splash with its immersive summer show ‘H2OMBRE’
- Celebs enjoy Florida Supercon as much as fans
- Remembering Roger Ebert
- Miley Cyrus dating producer; what will happen to Real Housewives of Atlanta star Phaedra Parks?
- Former ‘Bachelor’ winner Courtney Robertson writes of love
- Manu Bennett, FSCW, Headlocked, Hurricane storm through South Florida at Florida Supercon
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former US Rep. Ken Gray dies in southern Illinois
- Conductor Lorin Maazel dies at Va. home at 84
- Aide to ex-Romanian leader Nicolae Ceausescu dies
- Last original Ramones member dies
- Associate: Tommy Ramone, last of the Ramones, dies
- Eileen Ford, whose agency set standards for the modeling industry, dies at 92
- Associate: Tommy Ramone, last of the Ramones, dies
- Jazz bass innovator Charlie Haden dies at 76