Tom Brady left the practice field Wednesday and for the first time this season, strode through the locker room to the media room podium rather than making the short jaunt to the sideline to address reporters.
Oakland Raiders fullback Marcel Reece escaped a scare when an injury to his right foot was not as significant as initially feared and he expects to be at full strength when the season opens next month.
One day Rolando McClain is getting first-team work with the Dallas defense after owner Jerry Jones offers yet another hopeful plug that the former top 10 pick can fill a big void at linebacker.
Justin Verlander could rejoin the Detroit Tigers' rotation on Saturday.
The New York Jets have placed rookie cornerback Dexter McDougle on season-ending injured reserve after he had surgery Wednesday to repair a torn knee ligament.
Making his third start in the United States, Canadian shipper Heart to Heart led all the way to win the $100,000 Better Talk Now by three lengths at Saratoga Race Course.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Gerrit Cole from the 15-day disabled list and will start him right away against Atlanta.
The Connecticut men's basketball team, looking to bolster its nonconference schedule, has announced deals to play Ohio State and Arizona in a pair of home-and-home series.
A rare display of sloppy baseball halted the Mariners' hot streak.
Former Minnesota Vikings center Mick Tingelhoff has been nominated as the senior finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2015 class of inductees.
Green Bay's grab of the NFC North for the third straight season, giving the Packers seven of the 12 titles since the division formed, was predictable.
The Toronto Blue Jays are heading home with a sense of relief.
The Philadelphia Phillies are behind Mo'ne Davis and Taney Little League.
The way Mario Edwards Jr. moves on a football field seems to conflict with the basic principles of physics. The 6-foot-3 Florida State defensive lineman weighs 300 pounds, is very nimble and truly light on his feet.
Tom Brady has seen plenty of other quarterbacks come and go in the AFC East.
Arkansas baseball coach Dave Van Horn has named a former Razorbacks pitcher as a volunteer assistant coach.
Former European Cup winners Porto and Celtic took big steps toward the Champions League group stage on Wednesday, as home teams struggled in their playoff round, first-leg matches.
Jalen Saunders still isn't quite sure what happened to him last weekend.
Hutson Mason finally has the job he wanted all along.
The Columbus Blue Jackets have reached an agreement with the Kalamazoo Wings, who will serve as their ECHL affiliate for the 2014-15 season.
- Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for L.A., ‘Insider’
- Judge dismisses suit against Miami-Dade primate-research protesters
- Black voters become focus in redistricting fight as both side claim to offer better protections
- Upgrades planned next year for Miami-Dade libraries
- Miami-Dade hires new housing director
- Guantánamo-bound MRI spent year in storage
- Partisan clash dominates hearing over new map
- North Korea insults John Kerry over his looks
- Battle for Florida Gators’ backup QB spot going down to wire
- Giancarlo Stanton’s walk-off single leads Miami Marlins to victory over Rangers
- RB Burns looks for breakout season for Gulliver
- Gators OC Kurt Roper says infamous Gator-on-Gator block ‘a product of season’
- Miami Dolphins’ kicking job up for grabs
- Miami Marlins can’t keep momentum going against Texas Rangers, fall back to .500
- Key Biscayne tennis tournament gets a new name: Miami Open
- Undrafted rookies including LB Chris McCain, DT Anthony Johnson angling for spot on Miami Dolphins roster
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- The Fresh Diet sold to Innovative Food Holdings
- Miami-based Movéo car service expands to Colombia
- Silver Airways adds Fort Lauderdale-Jacksonville flights
- Saks Fifth Avenue will anchor Brickell City Centre
- Taxi alternatives could improve service
- Back-to-school worries can stress working parents as well as kids
- $342 million sale of six properties on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road closes
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Pinto beans in cake? Sounds crazy, tastes delicious
- Injectibles may make you look younger - but make sure you go to an experienced practioner
- Study: Fruits and veggies can boost one’s mood, creativity
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Heaping helpings of restaurant sarcasm do nothing for my appetite
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87
- Ex-Romanian politician, oil tycoon dies at 64
- Longtime 'SNL' announcer Don Pardo dies at 96
- Don Pardo, iconic TV announcer, dies at 96
- Rep. who helped deregulate savings and loans dies
- Former Vermont US Sen. Jeffords dies at 80
- Sophie Masloff, 1st female Pittsburgh mayor, dies