The UCF Knights begin their second season in the American Athletic Conference among the league's elite programs.
The Detroit Lions started training camp without an experienced kicker for the first time in more than 20 years.
Austin Jackson and Chris Denorfia arrived in Baltimore on Friday and were placed in Seattle's starting lineup.
Melvin Gordon jumped in front of the pack of running backs getting ready for a group picture to strike a muscular pose for the cameras.
Minnesota Twins first baseman Joe Mauer and starter Ricky Nolasco are scheduled to begin minor league rehab stints next week.
Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason will never forget his last phone call with Philip Lutzenkirchen.
The PGA Tour rebutted a published report Friday that Dustin Johnson has been suspended for failing a drug test.
The Baltimore Orioles signed left-hander Joe Saunders to a minor league contract Friday after he was released by the Kansas City Royals earlier this week. He will report to Triple-A Norfolk on Monday.
The San Francisco Giants have designated second baseman Dan Uggla and outfielder Tyler Colvin for assignment after losing five of six on a horrid homestand.
The Houston Astros have promoted touted right-handed pitching prospect Mike Foltynewicz from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
San Francisco Giants right-hander Matt Cain needs surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, an operation that likely will end his season.
University of Tulsa football players have reported for the start of fall camp.
After a week of walk-throughs and repetition, the Arizona Cardinals are looking forward to a change of pace.
Memphis guard Damien Wilson is transferring.
If Yoenis Cespedes didn't know much about the Boston Red Sox while growing up in Cuba, he found the perfect person to teach him all about the history of the franchise and its ballpark.
Tuesday qualifier Marco Dawson shot a 9-under 63 on Friday to take the lead in the Champions Tour's 3M Championship, leaving Bernhard Langer a stroke back five days after the German star's record-breaking victory in the Senior British Open.
Michael Strahan is pleased to know he is scheduled to go last during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
The Minnesota Wild have signed defenseman Justin Falk to a one-year, two-way contract.
Miami Marlins All-Star pitcher Henderson Alvarez was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday because of inflammation in his right shoulder.
Montee Ball acknowledges he was "a little bit" intimidated by Peyton Manning last year, something he says contributed to his slow start.
- Regulators hear more complaints about medical pot rules
- Feds to monitor Fla. election law changes
- Federal court case shows ex-Miami Rep. David Rivera is ‘co-conspirator’
- Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade
- LGBT-rights group Equality Florida raises profile, builds clout
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Obama lavishes praise on Housing Secretary
- Israel pushes deeper in Gaza after soldier seized
- David J. Neal: NFL fumbled on Ray Rice punishment, then tried to justify it
- Miami Hurricanes’ QB position in flux again as Kevin Olsen faces at least one-game suspension
- Man who died scuba diving was added to Miami Hurricanes roster a day earlier
- Miami Marlins left raging after replay review helps Cincinnati Reds to victory
- Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade ready for challenge following LeBron James’ departure
- Jarred Cosart loses to Cincinnati Reds in debut with Miami Marlins
- Miami Dolphins Don Jones humbled, changed since anti-gay tweets
- Greg Cote: LeBron-Heat saga unfolds, and its stranger than first thought
- Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services acquires Highland Capital Brokerage
- IRS commissioner visits Miami to spotlight viral ID theft, tax fraud
- Stonegate Bank reports lower second quarter earnings
- Florida’s largest health insurer, Florida Blue, is raising exchange rates an average of 17.6 percent
- Florida mental and behavioral healthcare providers get funding boost from Affordable Care Act
- U.S. Century Bank reports a loss for the second quarter, continues to plan for a recapitalization
- MTN Communications announces contracts with three cruise lines
- Miami International Airport sees slight uptick in passengers
- Dive into Greek culture on the Florida coast? Opa!
- STDs are on the rise in Miami-Dade
- It’s the season to see Key Deer
- Fasting can improve chemo effects
- Dear Abby: Obsession over six-pack abs puts swimmer in unsafe water
- Chew on This: Spices make food flavorful, and more healthy
- Carolyn Hax: Siblings not pitching in when mother needs them
- What’s the difference between skin rejuvenation and skin resurfacing?
- WWE’s Bautista, Glenn Close, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Chris Pratt in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- The Herald recommends: For Broward County Commission
- The Herald recommends for Miami-Dade, Broward commissions
- The Herald recommends: For Miami-Dade County Commission
- Right issue, wrong response on children at the border
- The Herald recommends for School Board and property appraiser
- The Herald recommends
- Israel’s challenge
- Worth a thousand words
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Correction: Obit-James Garner story
- Manny Roth, founder of Café Wha?, dead at 94
- Guitarist, songwriter for Alice Cooper dies at 71
- Hotelier Saul Tamen, who brought kitchens to South Beach hotels, dies at 105
- Correction: Obit-Robert Drew story
- 'Godfather of Makeup' Dick Smith dead at 92
- Veteran TV impresario Robert Halmi Sr. dies at 90
- Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90