Chiefs offensive tackle Donald Stephenson was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season Friday for violating the league's performance-enhancing substance policy, a massive blow to an already unsteady offensive line.
Brendon Todd is keeping his name on the leaderboard at The Barclays and in the conversation as a Ryder Cup pick.
Browns star wide receiver Josh Gordon says the only place he can find peace is on the football field. His time there could be running short.
Missouri's U.S. senators are asking Gov. Jay Nixon to seek federal help for businesses damaged during violent protests over the fatal shooting of an unarmed 18-year-old.
Roush Fenway Racing has landed Ortho as a sponsor for "roughly half" of Greg Biffle's races next season.
Nick Harwell had to wait an entire season before getting on the field at Kansas.
Justin Hardy and Shane Carden started their East Carolina careers working together on the scout team. Four years later, their connection means everything to the Pirates' pass-heavy attack — and has put both fifth-year seniors within reach of all kinds of records.
Baltimore third baseman Manny Machado will not be ready to play when he's eligible to return from the disabled list on Aug. 27.
Adam Peaty of Britain has set a world record in the 50-meter breaststroke, finishing in 26.62 seconds in a semifinal heat at the European Swimming Championship on Friday.
An Oklahoma City police officer is accused of sexually assaulting black women while he should have been patrolling the city — sometimes targeting women walking alone and at other times assaulting motorists he pulled over on city streets.
European soccer's governing body won't recognize any matches played by Crimean clubs in Russian competitions, but it stopped short of issuing sanctions against 2018 World Cup host Russia.
Jamie Donaldson shot a 3-under 69 Friday to retain a one-stroke lead after the second round of the Czech Masters and keep alive his hopes of a spot on Europe's Ryder Cup team.
Serena Williams stopped hiding from history and started making more of it.
Heading into the U.S. Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have won 36 of the past 38 Grand Slam titles, a stretch dating to the 2005 French Open.
Women to watch at the U.S. Open, which begins Monday:
Men to watch at the U.S. Open, which begins Monday:
Max Verstappen will find himself in a unique position next year: fitting school exams around his debut as the youngest ever Formula One driver.
Jordan Norwood's season-ending knee injury jumbled the Denver Broncos' search for Trindon Holliday's replacement on punt returns and dented the team's depth at wide receiver.
The Redskins and Ravens have more important goals Saturday night than bragging rights in a tepid rivalry.
Colts coach Chuck Pagano says defensive tackle Montori Hughes had not been at practice recently because his infant daughter died from a sudden illness last week.
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- War court's first convict wants his get-out-of-Guantánamo guilty plea canceled
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Miami Dolphins cut tight end Michael Egnew
- Miami Hurricanes enjoy surplus of talented cornerbacks
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Miami-Dade existing condo sales fell in July
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Bank of America reaches record $16.65B mortgage settlement
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Sleep apnea is a risk factor for strokes
- Younger athletes need more testing, training for concussions, expert at Miami Children’s Hospital says
- Seven ways to help kids eat healthy
- Lack of sleep leads to weight gain and vicious cycle
- Golf fall could lead to tiny fracture of hand bone
- Stem cells are being tested to determine if they help mobility after a stroke
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss