▪ Hosted by the Florida Keys Elks Lodge, the Third Annual Ladies Dolphin Tournament is Friday and Saturday in Islamorada. The event welcomes female angler teams who will compete for the highest aggregate weight of three dorado. Cash and prizes are awarded to first- through third-place finishers, as well as for the largest dolphin fish. floridakeyselks1872.com
▪ With founders including baseball great and avid fly-fisherman Ted Williams, the Gold Cup Tarpon Tournament June 15-19 in Islamorada appeals to “tarpon addicts,” and both experienced and novice anglers can compete. The event is limited to 25 anglers. Proceeds are to benefit children's support groups in the Keys. www.goldcuptt.com/
▪ The Monica Burguera Foundation will host the Sixth annual Fishing for Boating Safety Tournament June 20 at Key Biscayne Yacht Club. Entry fees start at $500 per boat. Social tickets cost $35 for adults; $25 for youth. Email Mari Novo at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mbfBoatingSafety.org.
▪ The nonprofit Reef Environmental Education Foundation will conduct four lionfish derbies and award $3,500 in cash prizes. Events will be held June 27 at Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas; July 18 in Fort Lauderdale; Aug. 15 in Palm Beach County; and Sept. 12 in Key Largo. For more information, visit www.reef.org/lionfish/derbies.
▪ Former Olympic skier and fly-fishing great Andy Mill and son Nicky will co-host the 2015 Belize Tarpon Tagging Expedition Aug. 15-22 at the El Pescador Lodge. Anglers are invited to help tag fish and support research by the University of Miami’s Tarpon and Bonefish Research Center. For more information, call Adam Marton at 312-440-1200 or email Adam@fieldworkersclub.com.
▪ The Key West Fishing Tournament runs through Nov.30, with divisions for men, women, junior anglers (ages 10 to 14) and Pee Wees (younger than 10 years old). More than 40 species of fish are targeted. All participating anglers receive certificates noting their catches and qualify for a variety of prizes. keywestfishingtournament.com
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email jdevine@MiamiHerald.com and sports@MiamiHerald.com