Twenty years after his victory in the inaugural Brickyard 400, Jeff Gordon won a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a record fifth time.
Jeff Gordon is hoping to win his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship this year, but right now, he's celebrating his record fifth victory in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Carl Edwards will not be a part of Roush Fenway Racing's driver lineup for the 2015 Sprint Cup Series season.
Kevin Harvick will start on the pole for the Brickyard 400 after a dominating performance in Saturday's qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Sprint Cup Series
A.J. Foyt, Rick Mears and Al Unser have won the Indianapolis 500 four times each.
As a driver, team owner and track owner, Tony Stewart is in the midst of a very busy week with his obligations at Eldora Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
With seven races to go before the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship begins, two drivers have clinched a spot in the playoffs -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Brad Keselowski.
Six-time and defending Sprint Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson had his race end early at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Sunday when he suffered a blown tire and then crashed into the wall.
Brad Keselowski put on a dominating performance and held off Kyle Busch to win Saturday's Sta-Green 200 Nationwide Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Kyle Busch will start on the pole for the Camping World RV Sales 301 after setting a new track record and beating Jimmie Johnson in Friday's qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Sprint Cup Series
This year, NASCAR has expanded the Chase field to 16. The top-15 drivers with the most wins during the 26-race regular season will become eligible for the playoffs, provided they have finished in the top-30 in points. The 16th and final position will go to the driver who is the highest in points without a victory.
NASCAR handed down penalties to Kurt Busch's No. 41 Stewart-Haas Racing team on Tuesday for failing post-race inspection in the July 6 Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
Kurt Busch was docked 10 points for a post-race technical infraction discovered after last Sunday's Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
A group of nine multi-car teams competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series announced on Monday they have formed a collaborative business association called the Race Team Alliance.
Aric Almirola was only 112 days old when Richard Petty drove the No. 43 car to his historic 200th and final NASCAR win in the Firecracker 400 at Daytona International Speedway on July 4, 1984.
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Conrad Hilton hurt in car crash near Palm Springs
- Journalist held captive in Syria arrives in US
- Ebola has 'upper hand' says US health official
- Immigration protesters interrupt Sen. Marco Rubio
- American, US Airways will stop listing on Orbitz
- 4 found dead in suspected murder-suicide in Tulsa
- Quake is major test for hard-luck California city
- Miami Hurricanes still miffed, motivated by loss to Louisville
- Miami Dolphins DL Earl Mitchell already proving he’s a free agent gem
- Bethune-Cookman relishes last year’s win at FIU
- Leaner Dante Fowler Jr. hopes to feast on UF Gators’ opposing quarterbacks
- Former Miami Booker T. Washington High School QB Treon Harris named backup quarterback at the University of Florida
- Miami Marlins’ Christian Yelich excels as leadoff hitter
- FSU’s Delvin Purifoy out for the season
- Brady Quinn among 8 players released by Miami Dolphins
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- At Orlando conference, retail experts predict malls will be increasingly innovative
- Burger King operations would remain in Miami in a Tim Hortons deal
- Lines open Monday for Miami-Dade IKEA
- Affordable Care Act exemptions mean millions don’t have to sign up
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: On Labor Day, let’s celebrate the importance of leisure
- Stem cells are being tested to determine if they help mobility after a stroke
- Alison Lurie’s meditations on architecture fall flat in ‘The Language of Houses’
- What do you recommend?
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies
- De Rothschild, grande dame of wine, dies at 80
- NASA: Former astronaut Nagel dies after illness
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Indian guru who helped popularize yoga in West, dies at 95
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68