Brad Keselowski won the pole for Saturday's Zippo 200 Nationwide Series race, while his teammate, Joey Logano, qualified second to give Team Penske a front starting row sweep at Watkins Glen International.
Sprint Cup Series
Ambrose, who is considered as one of the best road-course racers in the series, is a heavy favorite to win Sunday's 90-lap, 220.5-mile race at Watkins Glen. The 37-year-old Australian has won two Sprint Cup races during his career, and both of his victories occurred at this 2.45-mile, 7-turn road course in Upstate New York from 2011-12.
The race to the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship is really heating up now.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. scored a season-sweep at a racetrack for just the second time in his Sprint Cup Series career with a victory in Sunday's GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway.
When the series most recently competed at Pocono in June, Earnhardt passed Brad Keselowski for the lead with five laps remaining and then held off Keselowski at the finish for the victory. It was the first time he had won here in 29 starts.
Sprint Cup Series
Rookie Kyle Larson claimed his first career pole in the Sprint Cup Series after topping Team Penske drivers Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski in Friday's qualifying at Pocono Raceway.
NASCAR handed down severe penalties to Denny Hamlin's No. 11 team in the Sprint Cup Series on Tuesday after his Joe Gibbs Racing car failed post-race inspection this past Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Jeff Gordon is a four-time champion in NASCAR's premier series, but it's been 13 years since his last title.
Carl Edwards will not be a part of Roush Fenway Racing's driver lineup for the 2015 Sprint Cup Series season.
Rookie Ty Dillon became a first-time race winner in the Nationwide Series after passing Kyle Busch for the lead late in the race and then holding off Busch in the closing laps in Saturday's Lilly Diabetes 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Twenty years after his victory in the inaugural Brickyard 400, Jeff Gordon won a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a record fifth time.
Jeff Gordon is hoping to win his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship this year, but right now, he's celebrating his record fifth victory in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Kevin Harvick will start on the pole for the Brickyard 400 after a dominating performance in Saturday's qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Sprint Cup Series
A.J. Foyt, Rick Mears and Al Unser have won the Indianapolis 500 four times each.
As a driver, team owner and track owner, Tony Stewart is in the midst of a very busy week with his obligations at Eldora Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Spaniard convicted of laundering drug profits in Miami condos and cars faces possible life sentence
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- Artist, entrepreneur Guy Harvey hosts community conversation at Miami Herald
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Florida Gators’ defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin confident in team
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- In-shape Calvin Heurtelou adjusts to Miami Hurricanes’ 3-4 defense
- Miami Hurricanes enjoy surplus of talented cornerbacks
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87