Juan Pablo Montoya won a North American open-wheel racing event for the first time in 14 years by prevailing in Sunday's 500-mile IndyCar Series race at Pocono Raceway.
The British Grand Prix was stopped for approximately one hour after Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa from Williams were involved in a collision on the first lap of Sunday's 52-lap race at Silverstone Circuit.
Lewis Hamilton from Mercedes bounced back in the Formula One world championship battle with his teammate, Nico Rosberg, in a big way by winning his home race -- the British Grand Prix -- on Sunday.
Juan Pablo Montoya will start on the pole in an IndyCar Series race for the first time after winning Saturday's qualifying for the Pocono IndyCar 500 at Pocono Raceway.
Mercedes driver and Formula One world championship leader Nico Rosberg will start on the pole for Sunday's British Grand Prix after posting the fastest lap during the final seconds of qualifying.
"The last race weekend in Austria was not an easy one for us overall, so I was delighted to come away with the win and even more so for the team to have both cars at the front when we crossed the line," Rosberg said.
Helio Castroneves will start on the pole for the second race in the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston weekend doubleheader after posting the fastest lap in Sunday morning's qualifying.
Schmidt Peterson Hamilton Motorsports claimed its first ever 1-2 finish in the IndyCar Series in Sunday's Race 2 of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston weekend doubleheader.
Rookie Carlos Huertas pulled off a stunning upset in Saturday's Race 1 of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston weekend doubleheader, leading a Colombian sweep of the podium.
Simon Pagenaud will start on the pole for the first race in the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston weekend doubleheader after topping the charts in Saturday morning's qualifying.
Team Penske driver Helio Castroneves is very happy that changes have been made to that area of the circuit after he was a victim of circumstance there in both races last year. Track workers grinded a bump that was in turn 1. The bump had caused damage to Castroneves' car in the first and second events.
Nico Rosberg increased his points lead in the world championship standings by winning Sunday's Austrian Grand Prix, marking the first time Formula One has competed in this European country in 11 years.
Mercedes' pole-winning streak in Formula One this season has come to an end, as Felipe Massa from Williams won Saturday's qualifying session for the Austrian Grand Prix.
During the first session, Rosberg had the quickest time in 1 minute, 11.295 seconds. Hamilton was just a tick behind in 1:11.435, while Fernando Alonso from Ferrari posted a lap in 1:11.606.
Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher is no longer in a coma and has left a French hospital.
- Consumers asked to verify income, other information
- Aruba faced potentially 'severe' economic pressure over general
- Anti-Semitic messages pop up in Miami Beach, Northeast Dade
- U.S. report says religious freedom in Cuba is bad but getting better
- Keys men in marriage case want state Supreme Court ruling
- Obama mulls large-scale move on immigration
- Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Hamas, Israel trade blame for deaths of 9 children
- Shutdown of Miami’s State Road 112 canceled
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- UM QB Jake Heaps: ‘I didn’t come here to be a backup’
- Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching on real fast
- Resurgent Miami Marlins cap 6-1 road trip with three-game sweep of Houston Astros
- Micky Arison reassures Miami Heat fans: ‘We are not done’
- Miami Marlins’ stunning rally in ninth tops Nationals
- Continued surge could put Miami Marlins in buy mode for a starting pitcher
- Mike Hill: Miami Marlins won’t be sellers
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- Bonjour Television Network will offer four channels for French-speaking viewers in the United States
- Latest designer condo: FENDI Château Residences
- Study: Miami’s economic recovery ranks No. 18 in U.S.
- Equinox acquiring Sports Club/LA, including club on Miami’s Brickell Avenue
- AT&T activates 7 more South Florida cell sites
- Apollo Bank receives final approvals to acquire First Bank of Miami
- Good deals: At merchandise liquidators, buyers find more for less
- Wake up your slacking muscles
- Carolyn Hax: Whether the host or the guest, parent can’t relax
- Dear Abby: Son’s clumsiness may have a physical cause
- Fit tip: Do compression sleeves work?
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- Jock Doc: New advances in hip-replacement surgery can help in the long term
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52