Boys & Girls Club of Miami-Dade hosted an “Alumni Reunion” and Hall of Fame induction Saturday at Marlins Park, before the Miami Marlins vs. San Diego Padres game.
This year’s inductees:
▪ Nicole Perez, morning traffic reporter for WPLG-ABC 10.
▪ attorney Arturo Alvarez of the De La Peña Group.
Never miss a local story.
▪ attorney Carlos Alvarez, All-American wide receiver with the Florida Gators (1969-1971).
▪ retired Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Michael Genden, (1992-93 and 2010-17).
▪ retired Major League Baseball third-baseman Mike Lowell, who played for the New York Yankees in 1998, the Florida Marlins from 1999-05, Boston Red Sox from 2006-10, and was Most Valuable Player of the 2007 World Series.