Stopchargingmaria, the post time favorite, drove past her five 3-year-old rivals to easily win Sunday's $300,000 Coaching Club American Oaks at Saratoga Race Course.
Stopchargingmaria took command approaching the stretch and drew off impressively to capture the Grade 1 $300,000 Coaching Club American Oaks by five lengths Sunday at Saratoga Race Course.
Top ranked thoroughbred Palace Malice hit the track Sunday morning at Saratoga for a workout leading to the $1.5 million Whitney Handicap on August 2.
Tom's Tribute, ridden by Mike Smith, sailed through the stretch on his way to capturing Sunday's 41st running of the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes over 1 1/8 miles at Del Mar.
Four weeks to go until the 32nd edition of the Arlington Million at Arlington Park and a likely starter could be last year's Canadian Horse of the Year.
Tom's Tribute defeated Summer Front by 1¼ lengths to win the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes at Del Mar on Sunday.
Somali Lemonade rallied down the middle of the track and held off a late run from Stephanie's Kitten to win the $500,000 Diana by a neck on Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Istanford led all the way in winning the $200,000 San Clemente Handicap by 2½ lengths at Del Mar on Saturday.
Leading 3-year-old California Chrome received a special visitor this week at his stable at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Canada's reigning Horse of the Year Up With the Birds, breaking from the outside post, came from off the pace to capture Saturday's $200,000 Nijinsky Stakes on the turf at Woodbine.
Game On Dude put in a workout Saturday morning at Del Mar in preparation for his defense of the Pacific Classic in August.
East Hall, ridden by Juan Leyva, put down a furious rally down the stretch to win Saturday's 1 1/16-mile, $300,000 Ohio Derby at ThistleDown Racino.
Belmont Stakes winner Tonalist was one of several 3-year-olds to workout Saturday at Saratoga for next week's Jim Dandy Stakes.
Longshot Somali Lemonade rallied through the stretch to edge Stephanie's Kitten in winning Saturday's $500,000 Diana Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.
Northern Irish jockey AP McCoy took his tally of career wins to 4,192 on Saturday, passing a record he shared with former trainer Martin Pipe.
Well traveled turf runner Summer Front will make his Del Mar Racetrack debut Sunday in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes over 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante turf course.
A field of six 3-year-old fillies has been entered for Sunday's $300,000 Coaching Club American Oaks at Saratoga Race Course.
Former champion filly My Miss Aurelia will make her 2014 racing debut Monday at historic Saratoga Race Course versus five highly qualified females in the $100,000 Shine Again Stakes over seven furlongs.
One day after putting in a workout for the Haskell Invitational, Social Inclusion was resting before being shipped to Monmouth Park for the $1 million, 1 1/8-mile stakes.
Stephanie's Kitten, third in last year's Diana Stakes, will give the 1 1/8-mile, $500,000 turf race another go Saturday versus nine fillies and mares at Saratoga Race Course.
- Regulators hear more complaints about medical pot rules
- Feds to monitor Fla. election law changes
- Federal court case shows ex-Miami Rep. David Rivera is ‘co-conspirator’
- Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade
- LGBT-rights group Equality Florida raises profile, builds clout
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Obama lavishes praise on Housing Secretary
- Israel pounds Gaza as it searches for soldier
- Miami Hurricanes QB position in flux again as Kevin Olsen faces at least one-game suspension
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade ready for challenge following LeBron James departure
- Jarred Cosart loses to Cincinnati Reds in debut with Miami Marlins
- Miami Hurricanes forced to alter coaching staff after longtime assistant Micheal Barrow leaves
- NFL to crack down on obscene language and gestures
- Miami Marlins pitcher Henderson Alvarez goes on disabled list with shoulder inflammation
- Miami Dolphins Don Jones humbled, changed since anti-gay tweets
- David J. Neal: NFL fumbled on Ray Rice punishment, then tried to justify it
- Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services acquires Highland Capital Brokerage
- IRS commissioner visits Miami to spotlight viral ID theft, tax fraud
- Stonegate Bank reports lower second quarter earnings
- Florida’s largest health insurer, Florida Blue, is raising exchange rates an average of 17.6 percent
- Florida mental and behavioral healthcare providers get funding boost from Affordable Care Act
- U.S. Century Bank reports a loss for the second quarter, continues to plan for a recapitalization
- MTN Communications announces contracts with three cruise lines
- Miami International Airport sees slight uptick in passengers
- Key west: better in summer, after tourists go home
- Florida: Orange County History Center celebrates 75th anniversary of ‘Gone With the Wind’
- I’m contagious — can I get a refund for my flight?
- Historic hotels
- Finding serenity on St. George Island
- Royal Caribbean hopes to lure new passengers with Quantum of the Seas’ flexible dining
- ‘The Sergeant’ finds a bold alter ego in Nick Harkaway’s ‘Tigerman’
- Dive into Greek culture on the Florida coast? Opa!
- WWE’s Bautista, Glenn Close, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Chris Pratt in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- The Herald recommends: For Broward County Commission
- The Herald recommends for Miami-Dade, Broward commissions
- The Herald recommends: For Miami-Dade County Commission
- Right issue, wrong response on children at the border
- The Herald recommends for School Board and property appraiser
- The Herald recommends
- Israel’s challenge
- Worth a thousand words
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Correction: Obit-James Garner story
- Manny Roth, founder of Café Wha?, dead at 94
- Guitarist, songwriter for Alice Cooper dies at 71
- Hotelier Saul Tamen, who brought kitchens to South Beach hotels, dies at 105
- Correction: Obit-Robert Drew story
- 'Godfather of Makeup' Dick Smith dead at 92
- Veteran TV impresario Robert Halmi Sr. dies at 90
- Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90